The AKG Pro Audio K67 and the AKG Pro Audio K167 are both professional style headphones for use in either your studio or at home. Both are a similar style and have a lot of the same features so how do you know which headphones are better?
We have looked at the main features of both the AKG Pro Audio K67 and the AKG Pro Audio K167 to see which headphones we think are the better model.
Both the AKG Pro Audio K67 and the AKG Pro Audio K167 feature comfortable padded headbands that can be adjusted to fit your head. Both models are designed to be used by DJs and are made using lightweight materials to give you greater comfort when wearing them for extended periods.
The AKG Pro Audio K67 has leatherette padded ear cushions that sit on your ear compared to the AKG Pro Audio K167, which has padded ear cushions that sit over your ear to give you less pressure on your head and ears during long listening sessions.
Both models are closed back headphones so you can get a more immersive sound with limited interference from exterior audio. The AKG Pro Audio K67 has a frequency response of between 16 Hz and 24,000 Hz compared to the AKG Pro Audio K167 which is between 16 Hz and 27,000 Hz.
Both models have an impedance of 32 ohms and a sensitivity of 112 dB so both are able to deliver clear audio at high volumes. Both models produce high quality bass and accurate audio.
Both the AKG Pro Audio K67 and the AKG Pro Audio K167 feature folding ear cups so you can easily pack them flat for storage and transportation. They are both durable headphones that are built with fiberglass reinforced parts.
The two models both have powerful 40 millimeter drivers that are capable of producing accurate sound and both were developed with the help of professional DJ and producer, Tiesto.
Both the AKG Pro Audio K67 and the AKG Pro Audio K167 have been designed to be compatible with a range of audio devices, from high end studio audio equipment to portable devices. The low impedance on both models means you can use both headphones with phones and laptops even without an amp.
The closed back design of both headphones will help to limit the noise escaping from the headphones with the AKG Pro Audio K167 being better at limiting the sound escaping through the ear cups because of their over ear design.
After looking at the main features of both the AKG Pro Audio K67 and the AKG Pro Audio K167 we think the better headphones are the AKG Pro Audio K167. They AKG Pro Audio K167 is a more comfortable set of headphones for wearing for long sessions due to the ear cup design.
The AKG Pro Audio K67 is still a good choice if you’re not planning to wear them for hours on end but the AKG Pro Audio K167 will give you a more immersive sound experience from all of your audio devices.
Other HEADPHONES Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach PX24 – What’s the Difference?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach P12 – Which Ones are Better?
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H600 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X vs Sennheiser HD 202 – Is There an Overall Winner?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K52 – Which Headphones are Better?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K92 – What’s the Difference?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30X vs Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- AKG Pro Audio K67 vs AKG Pro Audio K167
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD650
- AKG Pro Audio K77 vs AKG K44
- AKG K92 vs AKG K240
- AKG Pro Audio K271 MKII vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
- Shure SRH1840 vs Sennheiser HD800