The Asus AC3100 and the Asus RT-AC3200 are both routers that will enhance the WiFi signal in your home. Both routers are similar in style and features, so how do you know which is the better one?
We have compiled a list of the key features of both the Asus AC3100 and the Asus RT-AC3200 to see which router, in our opinion, is the better of the two.
The Asus AC3100 is a dual band router that gives you a combined speed of up to 3,100 Mbps, with speeds up to 2,100 Mbps at 5 GHz and up to 1,000 Mbps at 2.4 GHz. The Asus RT-AC3200 is a tri-band router that has dual 5 GHz frequencies and a single 2.4 GHz with a combined speed of up to 3,200 Mbps, with speeds of up to 2,600 Mbps at 5 GHz and up to 600 Mbps at 2.4 GHz.
The Asus AC3100 benefits from MU-MIMO technology that helps to give each of your compatible devices the fastest possible connection, so that multiple users won’t slow down your connection speed.
The Asus AC3100 benefits from built in gaming technology that will automatically send your gaming information on the quickest route, giving you faster response times and low ping times. The Asus RT-AC3200 has Smart Connect technology that will automatically switch your devices to the strongest and most appropriate network for your online activities.
Both routers benefit from having the Asus router app, meaning you can easily manage your connections and stay on top of your security settings.
Both the Asus AC3100 and the Asus RT-AC3200 benefit from having AiProtection technology built in that will allow you to keep your network secure. It also prevents personal data from infected devices from being shared and helps to block access to malicious sites.
Both routers have the additional security feature of parental controls, meaning you’re able to set time limits for your children and restrict access to various sites and content. It’s also possible with both routers to be able to set up individual login accounts for each person in your family to have their own personal network.
The Asus AC3100 has 4 transmitting antennas and 4 receiving antennas to provide improved signal throughout your home. The Asus RT-AC3200 has 3 transmitting antennas and 3 receiving antennas so will not have quite as strong or far-reaching signal as the AC3100.
The Asus AC3100 has 8 gigabit ethernet LAN ports as well as 1 WAN port that delivers twice the speed for 4K HD streaming capabilities. The Asus RT-AC3200 has 4 gigabit LAN ports and 1 WAN port and both routers have 2.0 and 3.0 USB connection ports.
After analyzing the features on both the Asus AC3100 and the Asus RT-AC3200 we think the better router is the Asus AC3100. Although it’s not tri-band, the dual band router offers higher speeds at a lower frequency and faster response times for gaming.
The Asus AC3100 benefits from having MU-MIMO technology and a longer range with its additional receiving and transmitting antennas.
Other ROUTER Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Netgear AC3200 vs Netgear AC3000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- D-Link AC3150 vs D-Link AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- D-Link AC3200 vs Asus RT-AC88U – Which is the Better Router?
- Netgear AC5300 vs Netgear AC3200 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC5300 vs Asus RT-AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Is One Router Better than the Other?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3200 – Which Router is the Best?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC5300 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3100 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Netgear AC2350 vs Asus AC2400 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2200 – What’s the Difference?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2600 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs TP-Link Archer C7 – Which One’s Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Which One is Better?