While Baby Trend and Chicco create car seats for all size children, two of their rear-facing infant car seat options are worth the extra look. They two models are:
Baby Trend Flex Loc and Chicco Keyfit
If you are looking for infant car seats, these two options are a great way to start. We looked at the following four categories to provide you with important information: Weight restriction, safety features, average consumer rating and parent-conscience features.
The weight restrictions for the Baby Trend Flex Loc starts as low as 5 lbs. and goes up to the maximum weight of 30 lbs.
The weight restrictions for the Chicco Keyfit starts at a pound lower, with the minimum weight being set at 4 lbs. The maximum weight restriction is the same as the Baby Trend Flex Loc, set at 30 lbs.
These two models are infant car seats, so they’re carrying new born bundles of joy, and often prompt parents to look closely at the safety features.
The Baby Trend Flex Loc takes safety seriously. This model comes equipped with a five-point harness system that allows for one-hand adjustments and a push-button release. In addition, the car seat is made with energy-absorbing foam to help for side impact protection for the head.
The Chicco Keyfit also puts the same amount of effort into safety for your little one. This model has energy-absorbing foam and a removable insert for smaller infants. It also comes with a five-point harness.
Average Consumer Rating
The Baby Trend Flex Loc receives a good rating of 4.3 out of five stars by the average consumer. Some of the positive remarks are that the seat is easy to install and that it is narrow, allowing more people to sit in the backseat with the car seat installed.
The Chicco Keyfit receives a higher average consumer rating of 4.7 out of five stars. There are many consumer reviews stating that this car seat saved their child during a car accident. The only negative remark about this car seat is that, to put down the handle, you have to push a button on both sides of the handle. Many consumers said that it is rare that a parent has both hands available to do this.
In addition to the safety features listed above, these two models have some other great, parent-conscience features.
The Baby Trend Flex Loc has the following features to offer parents:
- Push-button adjustable height base that features a level indicator to ensure proper installation
- Back that is height adjustable
- One hand seat release
- Extended protection boot for comfort and warmth
- Compatible with all Baby Trend strollers
- 35 color options available
The Chicco Keyfit gives these features to parents:
- Thick seat cushion for safety and comfort
- Spring assisted level and precision bubble level to help with proper installation
- Adjustable canopy
- Ergonomic design handle
- Compatible with multiple Chicco strollers
Overall Product Recommendation
While these two options are close, the overall product recommendation goes to the Baby Trend Flex Loc. There are more safety features in this model, and the additional protection boot comes in handy with younger children in colder climates.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Baby Trend EZ Flex Loc Comparisons
- Top Rated Car Seats of 2015
- Baby Trend Flex Loc vs. Baby Trend EZ Flex Loc: What difference does the “EZ” bring?
Other Chicco KeyFit 30 Comparisons
- Maxi Cosi Mico AP vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Two great rear-facing car seat options
- Chicco Keyfit 30 vs. Graco Snugride 35: Which rear facing car seat will you trust to transport your bundle of joy?
- Graco Snugride 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Which 30 model car seat is the best option for you?
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 vs Chicco KeyFit 30: How to Best Ensure Your Child Continues to Sleep
- Top Rated Car Seats of 2015
- Graco Snugride Click Connect 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Battle of the 30 Infant Car Seats!
- Chicco Keyfit 30 vs. Cybex Aton: for carrying newborns only!
- Baby Trend Flex Loc vs. Chicco Keyfit: Infant Car Seat Options
- Britax B-Safe 35 vs. Chicco KeyFit 30: Infant car seat and base combo choices