The Beyerdynamic T90 and the Beyerdynamic DT880 are both professional studio style headphones that are designed to be used with high end audio equipment. With the two models having similar features but being in different price brackets it can be difficult to know which one is the best.
We have made a list of the main features of both the Beyerdynamic T90 and the Beyerdynamic DT880 to give you a better idea of which headphones are the superior model.
The Beyerdynamic T90 and the Beyerdynamic DT880 are both constructed with lightweight materials to make them comfortable enough to wear over long periods. Both models feature soft padded headbands that can be easily adjusted to fit your head, with the Beyerdynamic T90 having a velour microfiber wrapped headband.
Both sets of headphones have soft velour wrapped ear cushions that give you extra comfort and ventilation. The ear cups on both models are designed to sit over your ears instead of on your ears, meaning you can listen for longer in more comfort.
The Beyerdynamic DT880 is a semi-open back set of headphones which will allow for exterior sounds to combine with your headphone audio, compared to the open back design of the Beyerdynamic T90 which will deliver a more realistic acoustic sound.
The Beyerdynamic DT880 is available in a range of impedances, from 250 up to 600 ohms, compared to the Beyerdynamic T90 which has an impedance of 250 ohms. The Beyerdynamic DT880 has a bass reflex system and the Beyerdynamic T90 has advanced drivers that will deliver quality audio even at high volumes.
The Beyerdynamic T90 benefits from being able to deliver 125 dB of sound compared to the Beyerdynamic DT880 being capable of 103 dB. The Beyerdynamic T90 has a more professional and luxurious appearance and comes with a handy nylon carrying case.
Both models are lightweight headphones but the Beyerdynamic DT880 weighs just over an ounce less than the Beyerdynamic T90, at just 11 ounces. Both models have replaceable parts, letting you get even more life out of them.
The Beyerdynamic T90 is designed to be used with high end audio equipment and will require an amp in order for you to get the highest quality audio from the headphones. The Beyerdynamic T90 only comes with a 6.3 millimeter jack cable so you are not able to use the headphones with portable devices with headphone jacks.
The Beyerdynamic DT880 has a lower impedance so can be used with a greater variety of audio devices, including portable devices, but may still require an amp for a higher quality audio. The Beyerdynamic DT880 has a 3.5 millimeter jack cable with a 6.3 millimeter adapter so you can plug the headphones into your phone or laptop as well as your high end audio equipment.
After looking at the features of the Beyerdynamic T90 and the Beyerdynamic DT880 we think the better headphones are the Beyerdynamic DT880. They can deliver quality audio from a greater range of devices, making them more versatile.
The Beyerdynamic DT880 headphones are comfortable and are also the better value option, costing over $200 less.
Other HEADPHONES Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach PX24 – What’s the Difference?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach P12 – Which Ones are Better?
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H600 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X vs Sennheiser HD 202 – Is There an Overall Winner?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K52 – Which Headphones are Better?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K92 – What’s the Difference?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30X vs Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- AKG Pro Audio K67 vs AKG Pro Audio K167
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD650
- AKG Pro Audio K77 vs AKG K44
- AKG K92 vs AKG K240
- AKG Pro Audio K271 MKII vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
- Shure SRH1840 vs Sennheiser HD800
Other Beyerdynamic DT880 Comparisons
- Beyerdynamic DT880 vs Sennheiser HD600
- Beyerdynamic T90 vs Beyerdynamic DT880
- Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD598
- Beyerdynamic DT880 vs AKG K702