Today we’d like to take a look at two very popular sewing machines that are both very reasonably priced at around $100 (give or take). Both come from very respected names in the sewing community (just google sewing machines and you’ll be guaranteed to find a Brother and a Singer mentioned within the first 10 results). Both are also fairly well reviewed so it may be a bit of a struggle for someone looking to buy their first sewing machine as to which one they should choose!
Let’s take a close side-by-side look at the features of each machine and talk a little bit about what separates each. Both have some excellent features and you’ll have to consider what your needs are before you can be sure that you’ve found the right one.
The Brother XR6060 packs a punch along with a ton of great features into a very light and portable package. It is fully computerized and features 60 built in stiching patterns as well as 5 different styles of one-step button holes. The LCD screen is bright and easy to use and the LED lighting system keeps your work area nice and bright (great feature!).
One of our favorite features was the super-wide 7mm zig zag stiching pattern as well as the various decorative stitches that are included. The variable needle positioning was great as well.
One thing that you should be aware of is that there has been some reports of jamming when using the button-hole feature. It would be worth while checking out the link below to read more real user reviews on the Brother XR6060!
The 4411 has the “heavy duty” label and we think that it’s very well reserved here at ItemVsItem.com. This machine has a very powerful motor along with a heavy metal frame for super durability. We really liked the top drop-in bobbin and the drop feed which allows easy free-motion sewing. This machine also has an auto button-hole feature.
While there are definitely less stitch patterns than the Brother customers seem to be very happy with what’s included and as this is more of a heavy duty type machine lots of patterns probably aren’t of the highest concern.
Many of the same features are included in the 4411 such as the free arm with accessory storage, adjustable foot presser and there is also a mounting provision for easy cabinet mounting.
Choosing Between the Brother XR6060 and the Singer 4411?
It’s a tough choice as both seem to offer very good quality for the money. If you’re looking to do more heavy duty products then we would highly recommend the Singer 4411 over the Brother XR6060 but if you just need a machine for around the house jobs then the Brother with it’s larger pattern selection may be the best way to go!
What Other People Are Saying:
– Very happy with their investment.
– Unit is very quiet.
– Zig zag stitch is a “weird” shape.
– Can be lacking in power.
– Thread can get tangled in bobbin area.
What Other People Are Saying:
– Threading instruction can be a bit tricky.
– Do not use original needle.
– Not as heavy duty as user expected.
– Very reliable, had one for 10 years.
– Excellent history.
Links and Other Resources
4411 | HEAVY DUTY | Singer Sewing
This SINGER® HEAVY DUTY sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and …
Brother: XR6060: Manuals: Others
Brother Solutions Center. XR6060. | Register Product | Contact Us · Home > USA/ Canada/ Latin America > Others >. XR6060 > Manuals …
Other Brother XR6060 Comparisons
Other Singer 4411 Comparisons
Other SEWING MACHINES Comparisons
- Singer 9960 vs Singer 9980: High End Sewing Machines
- Janome Magnolia 7318 vs Janome 7330x: Double the Price but is it Double the Fun?
- Brother xr1355 vs Brother cs6000i: So Many Stitches to Choose From
- Brother SE400 vs Brother SE425: Extra Accessories
- Singer 3323 vs. 3321: What’s the difference between these two Swinger models?
- Bernina 830 vs. 780: Two Great Sewing and Embroidery Machines by Bernina
- Janome MB4 vs. Brother PR650: Two Professional-grade embroidery machines worth considering
- Brother se 400 vs. Singer 9960: Battle of the Brother and Singer Models.
- Brother hc1850 vs. Brother xr9500prw: Which sewing Brother sewing machine will you work best with?
- Brother se 350 vs. se 400: What are the similarities and differences between the Brother se 350 and se 400?
- Janome 8077 vs. Janome DC1050: Which great sewing machine will help you accomplish your project goals?
- Janome 8077 vs. Janome 7330: Which Janome will help you create your best projects?
- Brother xm2701 vs. Brother xl2600i: Battle of the Brother Sewing Machines
- Brother pq1500s vs. Juki tl2010q: High performance, high speed, high competition
- Janome Sewist 500 vs. Janome Magnolia 7318: Which easy beginner sewing machine will you take on your sewing adventures?