The Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 are two digital cameras that will let you capture high resolution images when you’re on the go. Both models are similar in style so which one is better?
We have looked at the features of both the Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 to see which one we think comes out on top.
The Canon Powershot G9X has powerful 20.2 megapixel image sensors so you can capture quality images that keep their high resolution even when enlarged in size. The Canon Powershot S120 has 12.1 megapixel image sensors, which will still give you a high resolution image.
Both cameras will work well in low lights with ISO up to 12800. The Canon Powershot G9X has a 3 times optical zoom compared to the Canon Powershot S120 which has a slightly more powerful 5 times optical zoom.
Both cameras are a similar size and weight, making them ideal for taking out and about with you. The Canon Powershot G9X is a handy pocket size, measuring 2.28 by 1.21 by 3.86 inches.
The Canon Powershot S120 measures 2.32 by 1.14 by 3.94 inches. Both cameras are super lightweight, with the Canon Powershot G9X weighing only 0.46 lbs and the Canon Powershot S120 weighing 0.48 lbs.
Both the Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 have the benefit of having WiFi built in, so you can easily connect to the app on your phone and remotely control the camera as well as upload images and videos directly to social media. Both models feature fast DIGIC 6 image processors which will help you capture clear images rapidly.
Both cameras can film videos in 1080P HD with the Canon Powershot S120 being able to shoot quicker at 12 frames per second, compared to the Canon Powershot G9X which shoots at 6 frames per second.
Ease of Use
The Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 both have handy features that make it easier to take great pictures and both are ideal for beginners. Both models are equipped with intelligent image stabilization technology that reduces any shakes and lets you capture the perfect image.
Both cameras also feature a large 3 inch touchscreen monitor so you can view your images and videos easily before you upload them. Each of the models have function buttons that will allow you to capture any image with the correct settings and both have automatic settings that will select the best mode for your environment.
After looking at the features of both the Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 we think the better camera is the Canon Powershot G9X. It is a newer model and has more powerful image sensors.
The Canon Powershot G9X has an old school appearance with a modern twist and, in our opinion, is a more stylish looking digital camera.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Nikon Coolpix P900 vs Sony HX400V – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX2000 vs Samsung NX1000 – Which Camera is the Best?
- Nikon Coolpix P610 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Canon Powershot SX700 HS – What’s the Difference?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S6800 – What’s the Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Sony WX200 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S9500 – What Camera Works Best?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Nikon D3000 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Canon Eos Rebel T2i – Is One Camera Better?
- Nikon Coolpix L330 vs Canon Powershot SX400 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX600 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9600 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 vs Canon Powershot SX600 – Is There a Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs GoPro Hero 4 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs Fujifilm XP90 – Is One Better than the Other?