The Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 are two digital cameras that will let you capture high resolution images when you’re on the go. Both models are similar in style so which one is better?
We have looked at the features of both the Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 to see which one we think comes out on top.
The Canon Powershot G9X has powerful 20.2 megapixel image sensors so you can capture quality images that keep their high resolution even when enlarged in size. The Canon Powershot S120 has 12.1 megapixel image sensors, which will still give you a high resolution image.
Both cameras will work well in low lights with ISO up to 12800. The Canon Powershot G9X has a 3 times optical zoom compared to the Canon Powershot S120 which has a slightly more powerful 5 times optical zoom.
Both cameras are a similar size and weight, making them ideal for taking out and about with you. The Canon Powershot G9X is a handy pocket size, measuring 2.28 by 1.21 by 3.86 inches.
The Canon Powershot S120 measures 2.32 by 1.14 by 3.94 inches. Both cameras are super lightweight, with the Canon Powershot G9X weighing only 0.46 lbs and the Canon Powershot S120 weighing 0.48 lbs.
Both the Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 have the benefit of having WiFi built in, so you can easily connect to the app on your phone and remotely control the camera as well as upload images and videos directly to social media. Both models feature fast DIGIC 6 image processors which will help you capture clear images rapidly.
Both cameras can film videos in 1080P HD with the Canon Powershot S120 being able to shoot quicker at 12 frames per second, compared to the Canon Powershot G9X which shoots at 6 frames per second.
Ease of Use
The Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 both have handy features that make it easier to take great pictures and both are ideal for beginners. Both models are equipped with intelligent image stabilization technology that reduces any shakes and lets you capture the perfect image.
Both cameras also feature a large 3 inch touchscreen monitor so you can view your images and videos easily before you upload them. Each of the models have function buttons that will allow you to capture any image with the correct settings and both have automatic settings that will select the best mode for your environment.
After looking at the features of both the Canon Powershot G9X and the Canon Powershot S120 we think the better camera is the Canon Powershot G9X. It is a newer model and has more powerful image sensors.
The Canon Powershot G9X has an old school appearance with a modern twist and, in our opinion, is a more stylish looking digital camera.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?