The Canon Powershot SX530 and the Canon Powershot SX60 are both digital cameras that will produce high resolution images in a range of environments. Both models are similar in style and features so how do you know which camera is better?
We have made a list of the main features of both the Canon Powershot SX530 and the Canon Powershot SX60 to see which one we think is the best.
The Canon Powershot SX530 has 16 megapixel image sensors and DIGIC 4 image processors to give you high resolution still images without having to worry about the processors catching up with your rapid image capturing. The Canon Powershot SX60 has 16.1 megapixel image sensors and powerful DIGIC 6 image processors, giving you faster processing so you can take pictures rapidly one after the other.
The Canon Powershot SX60 can take higher quality images in lower or brighter lighting with a sensitivity rating up to ISO 3200 and you can also take pictures in RAW mode, giving you flexibility over the different aspect ratios.
The Canon Powershot SX530 is the more compact of the two cameras, measuring 3.23 by 3.62 by 4.72 inches compared to the Canon Powershot SX60 which measures 3.66 by 4.49 by 5.04 inches. The Canon Powershot SX530 is more portable for taking on days out and on vacations.
The Canon Powershot SX530 is also lighter than the Canon Powershot SX60, making it easier to transport, especially if you’re going to be carrying it around all day. The Canon Powershot SX530 weighs 0.97 lbs and the Canon Powershot SX60 weighs 1.5 lbs.
The Canon Powershot SX530 features 50 times optical zoom and 4 times digital zoom. The Canon Powershot SX60 features a powerful 65 times optical zoom and a 4 times digital zoom so you can get high resolution images even from a distance.
Both models feature WiFi so you can quickly connect to the app on your phone and share your images to social media and control the camera remotely. Both models can also shoot HD videos in 1080P.
Ease of Use
Both models feature optical image stabilization technology that allows you to take high quality pictures that are in focus, as the shake of the camera is detected and minimized. Both cameras have 3 inch LCD display screens so you can easily see the images you’ve taken.
Both models can easily switch between video and still photo modes with the press of a button. The Canon Powershot SX60 and the Canon Powershot SX530 both have automatic focus and manual focus so you can choose what you want your image to focus on.
After looking at the features of both the Canon Powershot SX530 and the Canon Powershot SX60 we think the better camera is the Canon Powershot SX60. It has more features that will let you take a greater picture, such as the 65 times optical zoom.
The Canon Powershot SX530 is still a good choice of camera, especially if you’re not looking to spend the extra cash.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?