The Canon Powershot SX700 HS and the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V are both compact digital cameras that are similar in style and features. Both cameras will let you capture high resolution images in a range of settings so how do you know which one to go for?
We have made a list of the main features of both the Canon Powershot SX700 HS and the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V to see which camera we think is the better model.
The Canon Powershot SX700 HS has 16.1 megapixel CMOS image sensors and powerful DIGIC 6 image processors to give you a high resolution image even in low light environments. The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V has 20.4 megapixel image sensors, giving you a higher resolution image when the image is enlarged.
The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V also works well in low light environments, helping to create more realistic images. Both models feature a 30 times optical zoom lens so you can get closer to your subjects and capture finer details with the same clarity and resolution.
Both cameras are compact digital cameras that are ideal for taking on vacations and carrying around in your pocket or purse. The two cameras are similar in size with the Canon Powershot SX700 HS measuring 2.6 by 1.38 by 4.45 inches compared to the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V which measures 2.52 by 1.5 by 4.25 inches.
Both are lightweight cameras which are easy to carry with you on day trips and both models weigh the same at 0.6 lbs.
Both the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V and the Canon Powershot SX700 HS have built in WiFi, meaning you can easily and quickly connect to your other devices without any cables and with the Canon Powershot SX700 HS you can also remotely control the camera from your phone, giving you greater versatility.
Both models can film videos in full HD and the Canon Powershot SX700 HS can record video clips every time you capture a still image. The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V features a handy 360 degree panoramic shot mode which is perfect for landscapes.
Ease of Use
Both the cameras are easy to use and have built in features designed to help you take better photographs. Both models have image stabilization technology that helps to keep all your shots in focus, even when your subject is moving or your lens is zoomed in.
The Canon Powershot SX700 HS has the convenience of a dedicated movie button as well as a phone button, making it easier to use. Both models feature automatic settings but both have the benefit of having manual focus, giving you more control over your images.
After analyzing the features of both the Canon Powershot SX700 HS and the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V we think the better camera is the Canon Powershot SX700 HS. It is easier to use and has extra features that make it more fun to use, such as being able to create a movie highlight reel of your still photos.
Both cameras will produce high quality images but the Canon Powershot SX700 HS is around $100 less in price, giving it the edge over the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V.
Other AMERAS Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Netgear AC3200 vs Netgear AC3000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- D-Link AC3150 vs D-Link AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- D-Link AC3200 vs Asus RT-AC88U – Which is the Better Router?
- Netgear AC5300 vs Netgear AC3200 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC5300 vs Asus RT-AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Is One Router Better than the Other?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3200 – Which Router is the Best?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC5300 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3100 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Netgear AC2350 vs Asus AC2400 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2200 – What’s the Difference?
Other Canon Powershot SX700 HS Comparisons
- Canon Powershot SX700 HS vs Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Canon Powershot SX700 HS – What’s the Difference?