The Canon Rebel XTi and the Canon Eos Rebel T2i are both digital SLR cameras that will let you capture high resolution images in a wide range of environments for either leisure or professional use. Both models are similar in size and are around the same price so how do you know which one is better?
We have looked at the details on both the Canon Rebel XTi and the Canon Eos Rebel T2i to see which camera we think is the better one.
The Canon Rebel XTi features 10.1 megapixel CMOS image sensors which will let you capture detailed images for average sized photographs. The Canon Eos Rebel T2i has 18 megapixel CMOS image sensors, giving a higher quality image than with the Canon Rebel XTi.
The Canon Eos Rebel T2i also has more powerful DIGIC 4 image processors compared to the Canon Rebel XTi which has DIGIC 2 image processors. Both models will capture high quality images in a range of light settings, with the T2i having an ISO rating up to 6,400 compared to the XTi which is up to IS0 1,600.
Both the Canon Eos Rebel T2i and the Canon Rebel XTi are compact in size compared to some digital SLR cameras and are a good size for taking on trips. The Canon Rebel XTi measures 3.7 by 2.56 by 5 inches compared to the Canon Eos Rebel T2i which measures 3.86 by 2.44 by 5.08 inches.
Both the cameras are lightweight, making them ideal for carrying around. The Canon Eos Rebel T2i weighs 1.17 lbs and the Canon Rebel XTi weighs slightly more at 1.23 lbs.
Both cameras can shoot videos in full high definition 1080p and both can be connected to your computer where you can remotely control the cameras to get unique shots. Both the Canon Eos Rebel T2i and the Canon Rebel XTi have a 3 times optical zoom to allow you to get greater detail in your images.
The Canon Rebel XTi has a continuous shooting speed of 3 frames per second compared to the Canon Eos Rebel T2i which is 3.7 frames per second and both have a maximum shutter speed of 30 seconds. Both models have an optical viewfinder and built-in flash.
Ease of Use
Both cameras are ideal starter digital SLRs. Having no image stabilization on either camera, you may need a tripod to get the perfect image.
Both models have automatic and manual focus, giving you flexibility to create personal images. The Canon Eos Rebel T2i benefits from a 3 inch LCD display screen compared to the Canon Rebel XTi which has a smaller 2.5 inch screen.
After looking at the features of both the Canon Eos Rebel T2i and the Canon Rebel XTi we think the better camera is the Canon Eos Rebel T2i. It has more powerful image sensors, letting you produce higher resolution images.
The Canon Eos Rebel T2i also has the benefit of a larger screen and faster image processors which gives it the edge.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?