The Filco Majestouch 2 and the Ducky Shine 3 are two great keyboard options for any user, no matter what the tasks they will be conducting are. They both offer backlighting options and the durable casings. How will you decide on whether the Filco Majestouch 2 or the Ducky Shine 3 will be the right keyboard for your uses?
We’ve compiled information to help you make the decision and placed them into four easy-to-read categories. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of this article. The four categories we’ve analyzed and compiled information for are: overall product dimensions, backlight options, design features and additional consumer friendly features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Filco Majstouch 2 are 5.3” x 14” x 1.3”. The overall product weight for the Filco Majstouch 2 is set at 2.2 lbs.
The overall product dimensions for the Ducky Shine 3 are larger than the Filco Majstouch 2. The overall product dimensions are 1.25” x 17.20” x 5.50”. The overall product weight of the Ducky Shine 3 is also heavier than the Filco Majstouch 2. The overall product weight is set at 2.90 lbs.
The Filco Majestouch 2 features blue LED lights.
The Dusky Shine 3 features full LED back lighting and has the ability to have two customizable back lighting profiles. There are seven backlight modes, including an “off” setting. There are also five color options for backlighting on the Ducky Shine 3. These five color options are: red, blue, green, magenta, white and orange.
The Filco Majestouch 2 features a compact design, without a ten key setting. It also features a ridged case for durable construction.
The Ducky Shine 3 features a detachable cable.
Additional Consumer Friendly Features
The additional consumer friendly features available to users with the Filco Majestouch 2 include the following features:
- N-key rollover
- Ten key sold separately
- Brown MX tactile feel key switches
- Capable of enduring up to 50 million key strokes
- Quiet, no click sound
The additional consumer friendly features available to users with the Ducky Shine 3 include the following features:
- USB N-Key rollover
- Reactive light mode
- DIP switches for extra settings
- Dedicated multi-media keys
- Includes the following, when purchased new:
- Dust cover
- Keycap puller
- USB cable
- Red WASD keycaps
- User manual
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation between the Filco Majestouch 2 and the Ducky Shine 3 is awarded to the Ducky Shine 3. It’s large array of backlight options and included features make this a great option for gamers of every level.
The ability to customize your backlight profiles, and save a profile for up to two users, is a great way to bring some personality to your gaming set up. Another useful feature of the Ducky Shine 3 is the dedicated multi-media buttons. This makes changing the volume and many other commands much easier to do.
Something that would be nice to see on the Ducky Shine 3 that the Filco Majestouch 2 has is the rigid case. This durable construction would be a great addition to the Ducky Shine 3.
Other KEYBOARD Comparisons
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Logitech K400 vs Logitech TK820 – Which Keyboard is Better?
- Logitech K400 vs Microsoft All In One – Is One Better than the Other?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 5000 – What’s the Difference?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 4000 – Is One Keyboard Better?
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 vs Logitech G110: Designed for Gamers
- Steelseries Apex M800 vs. Blackwidow Chroma: Two unique gaming keyboards
- Logitech Orion Spark vs. Corsair K95 RGB: Two great gaming keyboard options
- Corsair Gaming K95 vs Corsair Gaming K70: To Key or Not to Key
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional vs. Ultimate: What are the differences between these two Das Keyboard models?
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate: Two gaming keyboards with great consumer features
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow: Mechanical Gaming Keyboards