Both the Logitech G710+ and the Razer Blackwidow are great options for mechanical gaming keyboards. They are simple enough to be used by the newest of gamers, but advanced enough to thrill expert gamers. Both the Logitech G710+ and the Razer Blackwidow are worth the second glance.
Since we know comparing and deciding on products can be difficult, we’ve compiled information into four easy-to-read categories. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of this article. The four categories we’ve analyzed are: overall product dimensions, key stroke durability, macro keys and additional consumer worthy features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Logitech G710+ are 20.7” x 9” x 2.4”. The overall product weight is 4.8 lbs.
The overall product dimensions for the Razer Blackwidow are comparable to that of the Logitech G710+. The overall product dimensions are 19.7” x 10.3” x 2.4”. The overall product weight, however, is significantly less than that of the Logitech G710+. The overall weight is set at 1.4 lbs.
Key Stroke Durability
Both the Logitech G710+ and the Razer Blackwidow share the same key stroke durability. Each keyboard is made to withstand 50 million key strokes. The Logitech G710+ advertises that it has been tested for durability to withstand a 50 million cycle life.
The Logitech G710+ features six programmable G-keys. Each of these six G-keys offers three macros per key. That gives the Logitech G710+ the ability to have 18 individually programmed functions for gamers.
The Razer Blackwidow has five defined macro keys.
Additional Consumer Worthy Features
The additional consumer worthy features seen on the Logitech G710+ include the following features:
- Mechanical keys
- Quiet, non-clicking keys
- Adjustable backlit white LED lights, with four brightness levels (including off)
- Built-in damping ring
- Keys WASD and arrow keys can be adjusted independently
- Game mode switch
- One-touch volume and media control
- 2-key rollover
- 110 anti-ghosting keys
- Durable tilt legs
- Removable palm rest
The additional consumer worthy features seen on the Razer Blackwidow include the following features:
- 10 customizable software profiles
- Multi-media controls
- Gaming mode
- Gaming optimization key matrix for minimized ghosting
Overall Product Recommendation
While the Logitech G710+ and the Razer Blackwidow are both durable up to 50 million key strokes, the overall product recommendation goes to the Logitech G710+.
The Logitech G710+ has a long list of great features for gamers of all experience levels. The quiet keys help newer gamers hear what’s going on in the game rather than the clicking of their keys.
The backlight options for the Logitech G710+ are useful to not only beginner gamers but to the most advanced gamers as well. Having four lighting options makes it easy to find one that suits your needs. Also, having the WASD and arrow keys on their own independent backlight makes it easy to find your gaming direction keys in the darkest of environments.
The final touch as to why the Logitech G710+ takes home our overall product recommendation are the programmable G-keys. The Logitech G710+ has six of these programmable G-keys to offer consumers. However, they take it one step further and give you three macros for each of those keys, allowing for 18 functions. That is helpful no matter what game you are playing!
Other KEYBOARD Comparisons
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Logitech K400 vs Logitech TK820 – Which Keyboard is Better?
- Logitech K400 vs Microsoft All In One – Is One Better than the Other?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 5000 – What’s the Difference?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 4000 – Is One Keyboard Better?
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 vs Logitech G110: Designed for Gamers
- Steelseries Apex M800 vs. Blackwidow Chroma: Two unique gaming keyboards
- Logitech Orion Spark vs. Corsair K95 RGB: Two great gaming keyboard options
- Corsair Gaming K95 vs Corsair Gaming K70: To Key or Not to Key
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional vs. Ultimate: What are the differences between these two Das Keyboard models?
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate: Two gaming keyboards with great consumer features
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow: Mechanical Gaming Keyboards