The Logitech MK270 and the MK270R are so similar that it can be difficult to understand the differences between them. Not only are they both manufactured by Logitech, they share many of the great features seen on Logitech keyboards. So how will you decide? Will it be the Logitech MK270 or the MK270R?
We recommend taking a look at both models in a side-by-side comparison before making a decision. In order to help, we’ve researched and compiled information and placed it into four easy-to-read categories. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end.
The four categories we analyzed and compiled are: overall product dimensions, included accessories, shared features and unique model specific features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Logitech MK270 are 18.4” x 7.25” x 1.12”. The overall product weight is set at 8.8 oz.
The overall product dimensions for the MK270R are 6.26” x 2.13” x 1.97”. The overall product weight is set at 8 oz.
The Logitech MK270 and the MK270R both come with the same included accessories, when purchased new. These included accessories are two AAA batteries for the keyboard, one AA battery for the mouse and user documentation.
The shared features seen on both the Logitech MK270 and the MK270R include the following features: 10-meter connection, Logitech advanced 2.4 wireless technology and a compact mouse. Both models also share an on and off switch to conserve battery life.
Unique Model Specific Features
The unique model specific features available on the Logitech MK270 include the following features:
- 36-month battery life for the keyboard
- 12-month battery life for the mouse
- Eight shortcut keys, including the following shortcuts:
- A full-size keyboard design with the following features:
- Number pad
- Nine F keys
- Directional keys
The unique model specific features available on the MK270R include the following features:
- Eight hot keys
- 24-month battery life for the keyboard
- 12-month battery life for the mouse
- Compatible with PC
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation between the Logitech MK270 and the MK270R is difficult, given the list of shared features they both have. However, when looking at the unique model specific features, the overall product recommendation goes to the Logitech MK270.
The Logitech MK270 won the overall product recommendation because of the extended battery life, full-size keyboard design and the eight shortcut keys.
The Logitech MK270 keyboard boasts a 36-month battery life, well over the MK270R’s 24-month battery life. However, both models do share a 12-month battery life for the mouse.
The full-size keyboard is nice because the directional keys and number pad are easily available. While this is not a massive selling point to some people, if you do a high number of work assignments involving numbers or editing then these features are a must.
The Logitech MK270 has eight short cut keys for a variety of media functions to make your life simple and quick. You can quickly access volume, e-mail and a variety of other commonly used features.
Other Wireless Keyboard Comparisons
- Logitech K360 vs Logitech K230
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Logitech MK550 vs. MK700: Which keyboard has the features that make your fingers want to move?
- Logitech MK270 vs. MK270R: What are the similarities and differences between these two sibling Logitech keyboard models?
- Logitech MK345 vs. MK330: So many fantastic features, so little time!
- Logitech MK550 vs Logitech MK520: When you need a bit more Support
- Logitech MK270 vs. MK330: Which feature packed Logitech wireless keyboard will you choose?
- Logitech K750 vs. K800: Two compact and lightweight Logitech wireless keyboard options
- Logitech K360 vs MK520: A Bonus Mouse
- Logitech K400 vs. K400 Plus: What are the differences and similarities between these sibling wireless keyboards?
- Turtle Beach Elite 800x vs. Astro a40: Two possible headset contenders for your most exciting gaming adventures
- Logitech K360 vs Logitech K750: A Step Towards the Future
- Logitech MK345 vs. MK520: Battle of the Logitech MK wireless keyboards
- Logitech K360 vs Logitech K800: When Size Matters
- Logitech MK345 vs. MK270: Which Logitech will get your job done right?
Other Logitech MK270 Comparisons
- Logitech MK270 vs. MK320: Battle of the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combinations
- Logitech MK270 vs. MK520: Which Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard combination is the top user choice?