The Logitech MK345 and the MK520 are two great wireless keyboard options available on the market by Logitech. They are easy to use, come with wonderful technological features, and have some pretty amazing design features. Which Logitech model will you go with? Will it be the Logitech MK345 or the MK520?
Let us help you make that tough decision! We’ve researched and compiled information on both Logitech models, and composed them into four easy-to-read categories. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of this article to let you know how we would choose.
The four categories we analyzed are: overall product dimensions, battery life, design features and additional noteworthy features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Logitech MK345 keyboard is 7.35” x 17.61” x .84”. The overall product weight for the Logitech MK345 keyboard is 1.33 lbs.
The overall product dimensions for the Logitech MK345 mouse is 4.15” x 2.67” x 1.51”. The overall product weight for the Logitech MK345 mouse is set at 3.05 oz.
The overall product dimensions for the MK520 is 2.88” x 18.9” x 8.19”. The overall product weight for the MK520 is 3.15 oz.
The battery life on the Logitech MK345 keyboard is four years. The battery life on the Logitech MK345 mouse is 18-months.
The battery life on the MK520 keyboard is three years. The battery life on the MK520 mouse is 18-months.
The design features seen on the Logitech MK345 keyboard include a full size layout, a palm rest, adjustable height and is spill resistant. The design features seen on the Logitech MK345 mouse is a wide scrolling wheel, textured mouse and is right handed.
The design features seen on the MK520 keyboard include softly rounded keys, a full size layout and a palm rest. The design features seen on the MK520 mouse include contoured sides and soft rubber grips.
Additional Noteworthy Features
The additional noteworthy features on the Logitech MK345 include the following features:
- 12 F-keys for media control
- On/off switch on both mouse and keyboard
- Battery life indicator on mouse
- Nano-receiver storage in mouse
- Plug-and-forget nano receiver
- Automatic sleep mode
- Included accessories:
- 2 AAA batteries for keyboard
- 1 AA battery for mouse
- User documentation
- USB receiver
The additional noteworthy features on the MK520 include the following features:
- Logitech Incurve keys
- Whisper quiet
- Contoured edges
- Logitech unifying receiver
- 4 GHz wireless
- One-touch media control
- Eight-degree adjustable tilt legs
- Upright storage capabilities
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation between the Logitech MK345 and the MK520 goes to the Logitech MK345. While both product have some amazing features, the Logitech MK345 has a great combination of design features and functionality.
The Logitech MK345 comes with media control keys, automatic sleep mode and a plug-and-forget nano receiver. These make using this model more convenient and hassle-free.
One of our favorite features on the Logitech MK345 is the spill resistant design. This is especially important if you have a habit of keeping liquids, such as drinks or plants, on your desk. If you accidently spill them, they won’t instantly destroy your keyboard!
Other Wireless Keyboard Comparisons
- Logitech K360 vs Logitech K230
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Logitech MK550 vs. MK700: Which keyboard has the features that make your fingers want to move?
- Logitech MK270 vs. MK270R: What are the similarities and differences between these two sibling Logitech keyboard models?
- Logitech MK345 vs. MK330: So many fantastic features, so little time!
- Logitech MK550 vs Logitech MK520: When you need a bit more Support
- Logitech MK270 vs. MK330: Which feature packed Logitech wireless keyboard will you choose?
- Logitech K750 vs. K800: Two compact and lightweight Logitech wireless keyboard options
- Logitech K360 vs MK520: A Bonus Mouse
- Logitech K400 vs. K400 Plus: What are the differences and similarities between these sibling wireless keyboards?
- Turtle Beach Elite 800x vs. Astro a40: Two possible headset contenders for your most exciting gaming adventures
- Logitech K360 vs Logitech K750: A Step Towards the Future
- Logitech MK345 vs. MK520: Battle of the Logitech MK wireless keyboards
- Logitech K360 vs Logitech K800: When Size Matters
- Logitech MK345 vs. MK270: Which Logitech will get your job done right?