The Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 4000 are both computer keyboards designed to help you work in comfort. Both models are similar in style and are in the same price bracket, so which one is better?
We have made a list of the main features of both the Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 4000 to see which keyboard we think is the better one.
The Logitech MK550 has been ergonomically designed to allow for greater comfort over long periods of typing, with the keys positioned for more natural typing. The Logitech MK550 also has a built in cushioned palm rest to help you find a more comfortable position for typing and a place to rest your hands when not typing.
The Microsoft 4000 also has ergonomically designed keys that will allow you to type for longer without discomfort. The Microsoft 4000 also has a padded palm rest as well as a lift to tailor the angle and allows you to type on a reversed slope.
The Logitech MK550 is a wireless keyboard that comes with a compatible wireless laser mouse and a handy USB receiver that can be plugged into your computer and left there. With the Logitech MK550 you can sit up to 30 feet from your computer or device as long as you’re in view of the receiver.
The Microsoft 4000 is a wired keyboard that has customizable hot keys that you program to access folders or websites. The Microsoft 4000 also has the benefit of a Zoom Slider that allows you to instantly zoom in and out on documents and webpages just by hitting a button.
The Logitech MK550 features a wave design in stylish black with glossy accents, that is ideal for both business and leisure use. It is a medium sized keyboard, measuring 3.09 by 10.44 by 19.69 inches.
The Microsoft 4000 is a stylish business computer keyboard that is black in color with silver detailing. It is a little longer than the Logitech MK550, measuring 3 by 11 by 25 inches and features a 60 inch cable.
Both the Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 4000 are designed to be used with Windows software and will work well with those running Windows 7 and above, with the Logitech MK550 also being compatible with Windows XP. Both models feature USB connections and can easily be plugged into your laptops or desktops with no additional software.
The two keyboards are also compatible with iOS and Android systems, however, some features on the Logitech MK550 may not always work with every Mac device, as they are Windows specific, such as the Media Center button. The Logitech MK550 can connect with multiple wireless devices through its USB receiver, meaning you can free up more ports.
After taking a look at the main features of the Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 4000 we think the better keyboard is the Logitech MK550. The ergonomic design of the keys makes it more comfortable for typing.
The Logitech MK550 also has the advantage of being wireless, meaning you can sit at a further distance from your computer and use it easily during presentations. The Logitech MK550 benefits from having a compatible laser mouse, making it better value.
Other KEYBOARD Comparisons
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Logitech K400 vs Logitech TK820 – Which Keyboard is Better?
- Logitech K400 vs Microsoft All In One – Is One Better than the Other?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 5000 – What’s the Difference?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 4000 – Is One Keyboard Better?
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 vs Logitech G110: Designed for Gamers
- Steelseries Apex M800 vs. Blackwidow Chroma: Two unique gaming keyboards
- Logitech Orion Spark vs. Corsair K95 RGB: Two great gaming keyboard options
- Corsair Gaming K95 vs Corsair Gaming K70: To Key or Not to Key
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional vs. Ultimate: What are the differences between these two Das Keyboard models?
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate: Two gaming keyboards with great consumer features
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow: Mechanical Gaming Keyboards
Other Logitech MK550 Comparisons
- Logitech MK550 vs. MK700: Which keyboard has the features that make your fingers want to move?
- Logitech MK550 vs Logitech MK520: When you need a bit more Support
- Logitech MK550 vs. MK710: What are the differences and similarities between these two wireless keyboard and mouse combinations?
- Logitech MK550 vs. K350: Will you go for the quick access buttons or the included mouse?