The Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 5000 are both keyboards designed for either laptops or desktops. Both models have similar features and are around the same price, so what’s the difference?
We have put together a list of the main features of both the Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 5000 to see which one is the better keyboard.
Both the Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 5000 have ergonomically designed curved keys to allow you to be able to type in a more natural position. The Logitech MK550 has a soft cushioned palm rest, making it more comfortable to type.
The Microsoft 5000 also has a padded palm rest, so you can easily rest your hands when not typing and allow you to have less pressure on your wrists when you are typing. It’s possible with both models to adjust the angle of the keyboard so you can tailor it to your personal typing style.
The Logitech MK550 is a wireless keyboard that comes with a contoured laser mouse and wireless USB receiver that can remain plugged into your computer. The Microsoft 5000 is also a wireless keyboard and has a BlueTrack technology laser mouse.
Both models have customizable hot keys so you can program them to access files or webpages quickly. Both keyboards have a range of up to 30 feet, meaning you can sit at a more comfortable distance from your computer and use the keyboard to give presentations without being close to your computer.
The Logitech MK550 is a stylish black keyboard with glossy details and silver accent buttons that is ideal for either business or leisure uses. The Logitech MK550 is a medium sized keyboard, measuring 3.09 by 10.44 by 19.69 inches.
The Microsoft 5000 is a professional all black color that is a good choice for business use. It is a slightly slimmer keyboard than the Logitech MK550, making it ideal for narrower desks, measuring 1.89 by 8.74 by 21.57 inches.
Both models are designed to be used with Windows software, with all features being compatible with Windows 7 and above. The Logitech MK550 will also work with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
The two keyboards both have USB connections for the receivers and can handle several devices being connected simultaneously. Both the Logitech MK550 and the Microsoft 5000 will work with iOS and Android software, although not all functions will be available, such as the Windows specific function buttons.
After looking at the features of both the Microsoft 5000 and the Logitech MK550 we think the better keyboard is the Logitech MK550. It has a superior curved design that makes it more comfortable to use, particularly when typing all day.
The Logitech MK550 has the benefit of a smaller USB receiver, meaning you almost won’t know it’s there, compared to the Microsoft 5000 which is much larger. The battery life on the Logitech MK550 is also better than the Microsoft 5000, lasting almost twice as long.
Other KEYBOARD Comparisons
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Logitech K400 vs Logitech TK820 – Which Keyboard is Better?
- Logitech K400 vs Microsoft All In One – Is One Better than the Other?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 5000 – What’s the Difference?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 4000 – Is One Keyboard Better?
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 vs Logitech G110: Designed for Gamers
- Steelseries Apex M800 vs. Blackwidow Chroma: Two unique gaming keyboards
- Logitech Orion Spark vs. Corsair K95 RGB: Two great gaming keyboard options
- Corsair Gaming K95 vs Corsair Gaming K70: To Key or Not to Key
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional vs. Ultimate: What are the differences between these two Das Keyboard models?
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate: Two gaming keyboards with great consumer features
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow: Mechanical Gaming Keyboards
Other Logitech MK550 Comparisons
- Logitech MK550 vs. MK700: Which keyboard has the features that make your fingers want to move?
- Logitech MK550 vs Logitech MK520: When you need a bit more Support
- Logitech MK550 vs. MK710: What are the differences and similarities between these two wireless keyboard and mouse combinations?
- Logitech MK550 vs. K350: Will you go for the quick access buttons or the included mouse?