The Maxi Cosi Prezi and the Cybex Aton are two rear-facing car seat models that were styled, inspired and crafted in Europe. The Cybex Aton, being from Germany, and the Maxi Cosi Prezi’s manufacturer is located in Helmond, Netherlands and Cholet, France.
With both these models being high in style and safety features, how will you choose the Maxi Cosi Prezi or the Cybex Aton for your little one?
We’ve analyzed information on both models and compiled the information into four categories to help your research. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of this article. The four categories we looked at are: weight restrictions, overall product dimensions, safety features and other fantastic features.
The weight restrictions for the Maxi Cosi Prezi start at 4 lbs. and go as high as 30 lbs.
The Cybex Aton starts at the same weight for its weight restrictions, 4 lbs., but goes as high as 32 lbs.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Maxi Cosi Prezi are 33.2” x 17.2” x 16.2”. The overall product weight is set at 11.4 lbs.
The Cybex Aton is slightly smaller than the Maxi Cosi Prezi. The overall product dimensions are 24.8” x 17.32” x 14.76”. The overall product weight is also slightly less than the Maxi Cosi Prezi, being set at 8.8 lbs.
The safety features available on the Maxi Cosi Prezi include the following:
- AirProtect side impact protection
- G-cell technology
- Five-point harness with a center front adjust strap
- One-click mini LATCH connectors
The safety features available on the Cybex Aton include the following:
- Energy absorbing shell
- LATCH equipped
- Metal frame and metal base for increased strength connection
- Indicator to confirm base connection
- Five-point harness
Other Fantastic Features
The other fantastic features that can be found on the Maxi Cosi Prezi include an easy out harness, no-thread adjustable headrest, plush cushion fabric (on harness covers, infant insert and boot).
The Maxi Cosi Prezi also features a European-style sun canopy that can stow away when not in use. This model is compatible with Quiney strollers. The Maxi Cosi Prezi is available in one color, black.
The other fantastic features that can be seen on the Cybex Aton include a foldaway canopy, newborn inlay and compatibility with Cybex strollers.
There are three color options for the Cybex Aton. They include the following: Pure Black (all black), Purple Rain (pink, purple and black) and the Gray Rabbit (grey and black).
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation for these two European car seat models came down to the safety features. The overall product recommendation goes to the Maxi Cosi Prezi.
The Maxi Cozi Prezi has a high number of desired safety features, such as the AirProtect and G cell technology. In addition to those two, it features a five-point harness with a center pull and no thread, adjustable headrest. Even the base of this model is a five-point adjustable base!
The Maxi Cosi Prezi, although it doesn’t have the color options of the Cybex Aton, does have some great style features. The plush cushion throughout and the sun canopy means that your little one can travel not only in style but in top-level comfort.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever