Car seats are first and foremost created to keep your babies and children safe in motor vehicles. However, who says that car seats can’t also be fun and fit your personality?
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 and the Peg Perego are two car seat models that pack as much personality as they do functionality.
We took a look at four categories: weight restrictions, safety features, color and design options, other parent-friendly features.
Seeing as both these models are convertible car seat options, they have rear-facing weight restrictions and front-facing weight restrictions.
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 rear-facing weight restrictions (and height restrictions) start at 9 lbs. and go to 40 lbs., with a max height up to 40 inches. The front-facing weight restrictions (and height restrictions) are between 22 lbs. to 70 lbs., with a max height of 52 inches.
The Peg Perego convertible model, Primo Viaggio, has a rear-facing weight restriction of 5 lbs. to 45 lbs. The front-facing weight restrictions are from 22 lbs. to 65 lbs.
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 features an air cushion padding system next to the child’s head. For infants, an insert comes with the car seat to make sure the small babies are kept snug.
The Peg Perego has side impact, energy absorbing foam to help with safety. In addition, this foam is also shock absorbing. For additional safety, the car seat has a steel backing. Similar to the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70, there is also an insert for infants.
Color and Design Options
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 has the following color and design options:
- Light blue / dark blue
- Tan stripes / black
- Light tan / dark tan
- Heather Grey / Light grey
- Light pink with small dark pink polka-dots
- Light pink / dark pink
- Light grey / dark grey
- Dark grey / charcoal
- Dark grey stripes / charcoal
The Peg Perego has the following color and design options:
- Paloma (tan / dark grey)
- Alcantara Pearl Grey (light grey / dark grey)
- Aquamarine (teal / dark grey)
- Fleur (pink / dark grey)
- Rouge (red / dark grey)
- Licorice (dark grey)
- Crystal Black (black)
- Atmosphere (light grey / dark grey)
- Panama (light tan / dark tan)
- Sport (light grey checkered / red piping / dark grey)
Additional Parent-Friendly Features!
So, we’ve touched based on all the safety features and possible color options. Check out these additional parent-friendly features that make your life easier!
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 car seats are made from fabric that deodorizes and quickly dries. In addition, the seat pads and harness covers are removable and washer / dryer safe!
The harness height can be adjusted with one hand.
There is also a gripping cup holder (which means no more spilled snack foods… can’t guarantee they won’t be thrown though!)
The Peg Perego car seat uses Fresco Jearsey. This means that it absorbs moisture and is easy to clean. It’s breathable and the head pad can be removed for additional cleaning.
The Peg Perego has a five-point harness system that features a chest clip and shoulder pads.
Overall Recommended Product
These two car seat choices are both great, but I’d have to go with the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 myself. Although both the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 and the Peg Perego are basically the same, safety wise, the parent-friendly features on the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 take the game.
I like that the car seats are removable AND washer / dryer safe. That can make the life of a parent WAY EASIER when there is a cup spill or a potty accident.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever