The Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 are both sturdy digital cameras that can withstand a range of environments. Both cameras have similar features and are around the same price so how do you know which one to choose?
We have looked at the features of both the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 to see which camera we think is the better of the two.
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 has 16 megapixel image sensors compared to the Fujifilm XP90 which has 16.4 megapixel image sensors, both giving you high resolution images. Both models feature a 5 times optical zoom, letting you get a clearer image of your subject.
The Fujifilm AP90 reproduces colors just as the eye can see them, letting you capture more realistic and detailed images. Both cameras have settings that will allow you to take clear images even in low light environments.
The Fujifilm XP90 is a chunky camera, slightly larger than many compact digital cameras, measuring 5.5 by 5.7 by 2.1 inches. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 is a little larger, measuring 7.8 by 5.5 by 3.3 inches.
Both cameras are a handy size for carrying around, similar to the lengths of some phones. The two cameras weigh the same, at 1 lb, meaning they’re lightweight enough to be carrying with you all day.
The main feature of both of these cameras is that they’re waterproof and durable. The Fujifilm XP90 is waterproof up to 50 feet compared to the Nikon Coolpix, which is waterproof up to 100 feet.
Both models feature WiFi which allows for instant image sharing and remote control shooting and both are freezeproof, withstanding 14 degree Fahrenheit temperatures. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 can survive drops from up to 7 feet compared to the Fujifilm XP90 which can withstand drops of up to 5.8 feet but the Fujifilm XP90 is also dustproof which will keep sand out.
Ease of Use
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 are both easy to use and are suitable for beginners. Both models feature image stabilization technology that will help you get all of your images in focus with reduced vibration.
Both the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 have automatic scene settings that will select the best mode for your environment, with specific underwater modes. Both cameras can also shoot in full HD 1080P so you can film your movies underwater and then watch them on your TV or share them on social media.
After looking at the main features of the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 we think the better camera is the Fujifilm XP90. It has more features that make it a more fun camera to use.
The sandproof build means it’s even more durable and it’s capable of capturing panoramic images. The Fujifilm XP90 is also the less expensive model out of the two cameras.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Nikon Coolpix P900 vs Sony HX400V – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX2000 vs Samsung NX1000 – Which Camera is the Best?
- Nikon Coolpix P610 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Canon Powershot SX700 HS – What’s the Difference?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S6800 – What’s the Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Sony WX200 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S9500 – What Camera Works Best?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Nikon D3000 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Canon Eos Rebel T2i – Is One Camera Better?
- Nikon Coolpix L330 vs Canon Powershot SX400 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX600 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9600 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 vs Canon Powershot SX600 – Is There a Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs GoPro Hero 4 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs Fujifilm XP90 – Is One Better than the Other?