The Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 are both sturdy digital cameras that can withstand a range of environments. Both cameras have similar features and are around the same price so how do you know which one to choose?
We have looked at the features of both the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 to see which camera we think is the better of the two.
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 has 16 megapixel image sensors compared to the Fujifilm XP90 which has 16.4 megapixel image sensors, both giving you high resolution images. Both models feature a 5 times optical zoom, letting you get a clearer image of your subject.
The Fujifilm AP90 reproduces colors just as the eye can see them, letting you capture more realistic and detailed images. Both cameras have settings that will allow you to take clear images even in low light environments.
The Fujifilm XP90 is a chunky camera, slightly larger than many compact digital cameras, measuring 5.5 by 5.7 by 2.1 inches. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 is a little larger, measuring 7.8 by 5.5 by 3.3 inches.
Both cameras are a handy size for carrying around, similar to the lengths of some phones. The two cameras weigh the same, at 1 lb, meaning they’re lightweight enough to be carrying with you all day.
The main feature of both of these cameras is that they’re waterproof and durable. The Fujifilm XP90 is waterproof up to 50 feet compared to the Nikon Coolpix, which is waterproof up to 100 feet.
Both models feature WiFi which allows for instant image sharing and remote control shooting and both are freezeproof, withstanding 14 degree Fahrenheit temperatures. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 can survive drops from up to 7 feet compared to the Fujifilm XP90 which can withstand drops of up to 5.8 feet but the Fujifilm XP90 is also dustproof which will keep sand out.
Ease of Use
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 are both easy to use and are suitable for beginners. Both models feature image stabilization technology that will help you get all of your images in focus with reduced vibration.
Both the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 have automatic scene settings that will select the best mode for your environment, with specific underwater modes. Both cameras can also shoot in full HD 1080P so you can film your movies underwater and then watch them on your TV or share them on social media.
After looking at the main features of the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the Fujifilm XP90 we think the better camera is the Fujifilm XP90. It has more features that make it a more fun camera to use.
The sandproof build means it’s even more durable and it’s capable of capturing panoramic images. The Fujifilm XP90 is also the less expensive model out of the two cameras.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?