The Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the GoPro Hero 4 are both durable and waterproof digital cameras that will let you capture high resolution images in a variety of different environments. Both models have similar features that will let you take unique pictures so which one is better?
We have looked at the details of both the Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the GoPro Hero 4 to give you a better idea of which camera will be right for you.
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 has 16 megapixel image sensors so you can take high resolution pictures in a range of settings. The GoPro Hero 4 has 12 megapixel image sensors which will still give you a high quality image but if enlarged, the image won’t be as clear as with the Nikon Coolpix AW130.
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 has the benefit of a 5 times optical zoom function, letting you get closer to your subjects, even underwater. Both models have a low light setting that will allow you to capture clear images no matter what your environment.
The GoPro Hero 4 is a lot smaller in size than the Nikon Coolpix AW130, measuring just 1.53 by 2.79 by 2.8 inches compared to the Nikon Coolpix AW130 which measures 3.3 by 5.5 by 7.8 inches. The GoPro is designed to be super portable and is ideal for carrying around all day during your adventures.
The GoPro Hero 4 is also a lot lighter, adding to its portability, weighing only 0.32 lbs. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 weighs significantly more at 1.05 lbs but is still lightweight enough for taking on days out.
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 is waterproof up to 100 feet compared to the GoPro Hero 4 which is waterproof up to 131 feet. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 is also freezeproof up to 14 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures and can withstand drops from up to 7 feet.
Both models are capable of shooting videos in full HD 1080P, so you can get clear home movies. Both cameras also feature built in WiFi so you can share your images and videos instantly with friends and family and can also remotely control either of the cameras using the corresponding app on your phone.
Ease of Use
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 and the GoPro Hero 4 are both designed to be easy enough for beginners to use. Both have image stabilization technology that will reduce the shake and vibrations so you get in focus images and videos.
The GoPro Hero 4 has an automatic low light detection setting that will give you clearer images in darker conditions. The Nikon Coolpix AW130 features a clear 3 inch LED screen compared to the GoPro Hero 4 which has an LCD touchscreen monitor for easy menu navigation.
After looking at the features of both the GoPro Hero 4 and the Nikon Coolpix AW130 we think the better camera is the Nikon Coolpix AW130. It is a more versatile camera that takes higher resolution images.
The Nikon Coolpix AW130 is also the less expensive of the two models and is more durable in a wider range of conditions.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Nikon Coolpix P900 vs Sony HX400V – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX2000 vs Samsung NX1000 – Which Camera is the Best?
- Nikon Coolpix P610 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Canon Powershot SX700 HS – What’s the Difference?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S6800 – What’s the Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Sony WX200 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S9500 – What Camera Works Best?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Nikon D3000 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Canon Eos Rebel T2i – Is One Camera Better?
- Nikon Coolpix L330 vs Canon Powershot SX400 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX600 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9600 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 vs Canon Powershot SX600 – Is There a Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs GoPro Hero 4 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs Fujifilm XP90 – Is One Better than the Other?