The Nikon Coolpix L340 and the Canon Powershot SX410 are both digital cameras that will let you capture a range of images in a variety of settings. The two cameras are similar in style and have many of the same features, so how do you know which one to go for?
We have looked at the details of both the Nikon Coolpix L340 and the Canon Powershot SX410 to see which one we think is the better camera.
Both the Nikon Coolpix L340 and the Canon Powershot SX410 have 20 megapixel image sensors that will let you capture high resolution images that will maintain their clarity even when enlarged. The Canon Powershot SX410 is equipped with fast DIGIC 4+ image processors so you can take pictures at speed without worrying about your camera catching up.
The Canon Powershot SX410 will let you get a lot closer to your images with a powerful 40 times optical zoom. The Nikon Coolpix L340 has a 28 times optical zoom, still allowing you to get closer to your subjects.
The Nikon Coolpix L340 is a little larger in size than the Canon Powershot SX410, measuring 3 by 3.28 by 4.37 inches. The Canon Powershot SX410 measures 2.7 by 3.34 by 4.1 inches so is still more portable than a digital SLR even though it’s larger than many compact digital cameras.
The Canon Powershot SX410 weighs 0.72 lbs compared the Nikon Coolpix L340 which weighs 0.95 lbs. Both are lightweight enough for carrying around during excursions.
Both cameras have the benefit of being able to shoot high definition videos in 720P and both have large 3 inch LCD screens that double as the viewfinders, so you can clearly see your subject before and after you take the picture.
The Canon Powershot SX410 has the benefit of a 24 millimeter wide angle lens so you can pack more into your image. The Canon Powershot SX410 also has a range of effects so you can create personalized images.
Ease of Use
The Canon Powershot SX410 and the Nikon Coolpix L340 are both ideal for beginners and are both a good size for carrying around. Both models are equipped with image stabilization technology that will help to keep your images in focus by reducing vibration and shake.
Both cameras also feature an automatic scene selector which will choose the correct mode for your environment. The Canon Powershot SX410 benefits from having an ECO mode, so you can extend the battery life of your camera during day trips.
We have looked at the features of both the Canon Powershot SX410 and the Nikon Coolpix L340 and we think the better camera is the Canon Powershot SX410. It has a more powerful zoom lens, letting you capture higher quality distance images.
The Canon Powershot SX410 also has more handy features that make it easy to use, such as the dedicated movie button.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Nikon Coolpix P900 vs Sony HX400V – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX2000 vs Samsung NX1000 – Which Camera is the Best?
- Nikon Coolpix P610 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Canon Powershot SX700 HS – What’s the Difference?
- Canon Powershot SX710 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S6800 – What’s the Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Sony WX200 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S9500 – What Camera Works Best?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Nikon D3000 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Rebel XTi vs Canon Eos Rebel T2i – Is One Camera Better?
- Nikon Coolpix L330 vs Canon Powershot SX400 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX600 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9600 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 vs Canon Powershot SX600 – Is There a Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs GoPro Hero 4 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix AW130 vs Fujifilm XP90 – Is One Better than the Other?