The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 and the Canon Powershot SX600 are both digital cameras that will let you capture high resolution images as well as high definition videos. Both cameras have similar features and are around the same price, so what’s the difference?
We have looked at the details of both the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 and the Canon Powershot SX600 to see which camera is the better one.
The Canon Powershot SX600 is equipped with 16 megapixel image sensors to give you high resolution images in any surroundings. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 has 16.1 megapixel image sensors, giving you a similar quality of resolution.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 benefits from having a super powerful 60 times optical zoom, letting you get even closer to your subjects. The Canon Powershot SX600 has 18 times optical zoom as well as DIGIC 4+ image processors.
The Canon Powershot SX600 is considerably smaller in size compared to the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 and is an ideal size for carrying around in your pocket or bag, measuring just 2.4 by 1.02 by 4.09 inches. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 measures 4.65 by 5.12 by 3.82 inches but is still compact enough to take on outings.
The smaller size of the Canon Powershot SX600 means it’s also a lot lighter, weighing just 0.41 lbs compared to the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 which weighs 1.34 lbs.
The Canon Powershot SX600 benefits from having built in WiFi, allowing you to remotely control the camera from your phone and also be able to instantly upload your photos to social media and share with friends. Both models have the ability to shoot movies in full 1080P high definition, giving you high quality movies that you can watch on your TV.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 has the added bonus of Dolby Digital stereo sound that zooms with your lens to capture the sounds made by your distant subject. Both cameras have creative image modes that let you capture personalized images and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 also has a panoramic setting.
Ease of Use
Both the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 and the Canon Powershot SX600 are easy to use and are great for beginners. Both models feature image stabilization technology that helps to keep your shots in focus, even when zoomed in.
Both models have a clear 3 inch LCD screen that lets you get a clearer view of your images and videos. Both cameras have automatic settings that will let you get the ideal image for your environment and both have self timers to help you take perfect group photos.
After looking at the features of both the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 and the Canon Powershot SX600 we think the better camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70. Despite being a larger model it produces superior images and allows you to get ultra close to your subjects.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 has the feel and features of a professional digital SLR but without the price tag.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?