The Presonus HD7 and the Superlux HD681 are both professional style semi-open back headphones designed to be used in studio monitoring and active listening. They are both similar in style and are around the same price so which one is better?
We have compiled a list of the main features of both the Presonus HD7 and the Superlux HD681 to see which one we think is the better model and to give you a better idea of which headphones will work best for you.
The Presonus HD7 and the Superlux HD681 are both lightweight headphones that are designed to be comfortable enough to wear during long studio sessions. Both models feature padded ear cushions and the Presonus HD7 has over ear cushions compared to the Superlux HD681 that has on ear cushions.
The Presonus HD7 will give you greater comfort for longer as the over ear design will lessen the pressure on your ears during listening. Both models have an adjustable headband with the Presonus HD7 benefiting from automatic fit technology.
Both the Presonus HD7 and the Superlux HD681 are semi-open back headphones, meaning you get a truer to life acoustic sound that is more open than closed back headphones as it combines exterior sounds with your headphone sound. The design on both models means neither of the headphones are noise isolating.
Both models have an extended frequency range with the Superlux HD681 having more of a quality sound on the low to high frequencies. The Presonus HD7 delivers accurate bass response from its patented acoustic chamber.
The Presonus HD7 benefits from having a detachable cable so you can switch between different styles of cables to best suit your listening style and the audio device you’re using. The Presonus HD7 has neodymium drivers that help to deliver high quality sound at all levels.
Both the models feature black leatherette covered ear cushions with the Superlux HD681 having red accented detailing on the headphones. The Presonus HD7 is a sturdier set of headphones with blue accents on the black headband and ear cups.
The Presonus HD7 features a detachable cable that unscrews so you can attach both a ⅛ inch jack cable and a ¼ inch jack cable, giving you the option of using the headphones with a wider variety of audio devices, such as phones. Both the headphones are designed for monitoring so you hear every instrument from your music files.
Both models will deliver high quality sound from movies and games as well as music but because of the lack of noise isolation others around you will also be able to hear what you’re listening to.
After looking at the features of the Presonus HD7 and the Superlux HD681 we think the better set of headphones is the Presonus HD7. It has the benefit of the over the ear design so is more comfortable to wear.
The Presonus HD7 also benefits from a detachable cable and high quality sound at all levels.
Other HEADPHONES Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach PX24 – What’s the Difference?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach P12 – Which Ones are Better?
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H600 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X vs Sennheiser HD 202 – Is There an Overall Winner?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K52 – Which Headphones are Better?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K92 – What’s the Difference?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30X vs Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- AKG Pro Audio K67 vs AKG Pro Audio K167
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD650
- AKG Pro Audio K77 vs AKG K44
- AKG K92 vs AKG K240
- AKG Pro Audio K271 MKII vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
- Shure SRH1840 vs Sennheiser HD800