Safety 1st is one of the more well-known car seat manufacturers. They manufacture rear-facing infant seats, front-facing seats and convertible seats.
Two great convertible car seats models they make are:
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite, and
- Complete Air
We took a look at four categories to provide you with valuable information on these two choices. The categories we assessed are: weight restrictions and product dimensions, safety features, average consumer ratings, and fun features.
Weight Restrictions and Product Dimensions
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite has three seat options: rear-facing, front-facing and booster. The weight restrictions for each are: rear-facing 5 lbs. to 35 lbs., front-facing 22 lbs. to 50 lbs., and booster 40 lbs. to 100 lbs.
The product dimensions for the Safety 1st Alpha Omega are: 25.5” x 20” x 22”, with an overall weight of 18 lbs.
The Complete Air only works for rear-facing and front-facing. The weight restrictions for each are: rear-facing 5 lbs. to 40 lbs., front-facing 22 lbs. to 65 lbs.
The product dimensions for the Complete Air are: 19” x 21” x 29”, with an overall weight of 19.4 lbs.
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite comes equipped with energy absorbing foam, a quick harness system and a five-point harness.
The Complete Air has a five-point harness, an advanced air cushion system, a quick fit harness system and comes equipped with a LATCH system.
Average Consumer Rating
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite receives an average consumer rating of 4.2 out of five stars. There are many testimonies about these car seat models surviving severe vehicle crashes and protecting the child inside to the highest ability.
The Complete Air receives an average consumer rating of 4.4 out of five stars. The positive comments are that it is easy to install and adjust to the child’s size. The negative comments are that this is a larger car seat and doesn’t fit well in some small cars.
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite gives consumers these fun features:
- Pivoting arm rests
- Removable cup holders
- Removable head rest
- Removable car seat pads to easily clean
- Adjustable head rest
- 6 enjoyable colors:
- Lamont (black and light grey)
- Beaumont (black and beige)
- Bromley (black and dark grey)
- Pretty Paws (medium brown, leopard print and pink piping)
- Quartz (black, grey and white piping)
- Seaside Bay (black, light blue and green piping)
The Complete Air offers these fun features for consumers:
- Removable cup holder
- Adjustable head support
- 9 great color options:
- Seabreeze (black with teal piping)
- Brody (black and dark grey)
- Corabelle (charcoal, medium pink and grey)
- Decatur Red (shades of grey, red and swirl pattern)
- Estate (black, dark grey and white piping)
- Julianne (black, light pink and whirl pattern)
- Pink Pearl (black, pale pink, grey and polka dot pattern)
- Seabreeze (black, light blue piping and checker pattern)
- Sugar/Spike (dark brown and flower pattern)
- York (charcoal, blue and light grey)
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall recommendation goes to the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite. Being able to have that third mode, booster mode, is a great cost savings to any parent!
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Comparisons
- Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 vs Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite: One Small Difference can Make a Big Deal
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Complete Air: Safety 1st convertible car seat options
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Graco Nautilus: Convertible car seats for ultimate safety and efficiency!
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Alpha Elite 65: Two amazing models from Safety 1st!
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Complete Air 65: Two great Safety 1st Convertible Car Seats!