The Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X are both professional style headphones that are designed to be used with a range of audio equipment. They are both in the same price range and have a lot of the same features so how do you know which headphones are the best?
We have looked at the main features of both the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X to see which headphones we think perform better.
Both the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X feature padded headbands and soft padded ear cushions for extra comfort. Both models are over the ear design, meaning there is less pressure on your ears when you’re wearing them for long periods.
The two models are lightweight sets that are designed to be worn for long hours in the studio. The headbands on both models can be easily adjusted to fit your head and give you a snug fit.
Both the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X are closed back headphones that limit the amount of ambient noise affecting your audio and will also limit the amount of your audio disturbing those around you. The frequency response rate on the Sennheiser HD 202 II is 18 Hz to 18,000 Hz compared to the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X which has a rate of 15 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
The Sennheiser HD 202 II has a powerful bass to deliver high quality audio on deep bass music files.
The Sennheiser HD 202 II features a belt clip that allows you to store your excess cable when you’re on the go and using portable devices. Both the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X are built to be durable with the Sennheiser HD 202 II benefiting from a flexible headband.
The Sennheiser HD 202 II also has the added feature of having replaceable ear cushions as well as having removable ear cups for professional use.
Both the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X have 3.5 millimeter jacks with 6.3 millimeter jacks that can be screwed on, meaning you can use the headphones with a wide variety of audio devices. Both the headphones are ideal for use with professional audio equipment as well as with portable devices, such as phones and laptops.
The sound quality from both sets of headphones is high and they are both ideal for music monitoring. Due to the closed back design of both models they are ideal for using on public transport and on the go.
The Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X are similar sets of headphones that give a similar audio quality but after comparing the two models we think the better headphones are the Sennheiser HD 202 II.
The Sennheiser HD 202 II headphones have a handy cable storage clip and the benefit of replaceable parts, meaning they have the capability of lasting you longer.
Other HEADPHONES Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach PX24 – What’s the Difference?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach P12 – Which Ones are Better?
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H600 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X vs Sennheiser HD 202 – Is There an Overall Winner?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K52 – Which Headphones are Better?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K92 – What’s the Difference?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30X vs Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- AKG Pro Audio K67 vs AKG Pro Audio K167
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD650
- AKG Pro Audio K77 vs AKG K44
- AKG K92 vs AKG K240
- AKG Pro Audio K271 MKII vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
- Shure SRH1840 vs Sennheiser HD800
Other Sennheiser HD 202 II Comparisons
- Sennheiser HD 202 II vs Audio-Technica ATH-M20X
- Sennheiser HD 202 II vs Sony MDR-XB400
- Sennheiser HD 202 II vs Sony MDR-XB450