The Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 are both closed back headphones designed for professional use either in the studio or at home. They are both similar in style and are around the same price so how do you know which headphones are the best?
We have looked at the main features of both the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 to see which model is the better one.
Both the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 are designed to be won for long hours in the studio and are lightweight are comfortable. Both models feature padded headbands that can be adjusted to fit your head.
The Sennheiser HD 380 Pro features soft leatherette wrapped ear cushions compared to the Beyerdynamic DT 770 that has velour wrapped ear cushions, giving your ears more breathability when wearing for long periods. The ear cups on both models sit around your ears and not on them, meaning you have less pressure on your ears.
The Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 both have extended frequency response to give you accurate audio for use in the studio. Both models are closed back headphones so you can block out most of the exterior sounds from your audio and prevent audio leaking from your headphones.
The Sennheiser HD 380 Pro has a frequency response rate of between 8 Hz and 27,000 Hz compared to the Beyerdynamic DT 770 which has a rate of between 5 Hz and 35,000 Hz. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 has a deeper bass level than the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro.
The Sennheiser HD 380 Pro benefits from having replaceable parts, including the ear cushions, giving you the chance to extend their life. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 also has replaceable parts and a 2 year warranty that covers all parts and labor.
The Sennheiser HD 380 Pro comes with a carrying case and features a handy coiled cable that can easily be replaced, so you have greater movability when you’re wearing the headphones. Neither of the headphones fold.
Both the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 are designed to be used in the studio so are compatible with a wide range of high end audio equipment. They both feature a 3.5 millimeter jack as well as a 6.3 millimeter jack so you can switch between different audio devices, including portable devices.
While the two sets of headphones will give you high quality audio for mixing music they are both ideal for watching movies and gaming.
After looking in detail at the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 we think the better headphones are the Beyerdynamic DT 770. While they both deliver excellent sound quality the Beyerdynamic DT 770 benefits from the more comfortable ear cups.
Both models would be ideal for a variety of uses but the Beyerdynamic DT 770 is slightly less expensive, giving it the edge.
Other HEADPHONES Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach PX24 – What’s the Difference?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach P12 – Which Ones are Better?
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H600 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X vs Sennheiser HD 202 – Is There an Overall Winner?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K52 – Which Headphones are Better?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K92 – What’s the Difference?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30X vs Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- AKG Pro Audio K67 vs AKG Pro Audio K167
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD650
- AKG Pro Audio K77 vs AKG K44
- AKG K92 vs AKG K240
- AKG Pro Audio K271 MKII vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
- Shure SRH1840 vs Sennheiser HD800
Other Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Comparisons
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro vs Sennheiser HD 598
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro vs Sennheiser HD 558
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro vs Beyerdynamic DT 770