The Sony Alpha A5000 and the Canon Eos M10 are both compact digital cameras that will enable you to capture high resolution images in a range of different environments. Both are a similar style and are around the same price so how do you know which camera is better?
We have taken a look at the main features of both the Sony Alpha A5000 and the Canon Eos M10 to see which one we think is the better model.
The Sony Alpha A5000 is equipped with 20.1 megapixel image sensors that will produce a high resolution image that can be enlarged without losing its clarity. The Canon Eos M10 has 18 megapixel image sensors that will still give you a very sharp image and can be enlarged while maintaining a high resolution.
The Sony Alpha A5000 features a 3 times optical zoom on the interchangeable 16 to 50 millimeter lens. The Canon Eos M10 features a 3 times optical zoom on a 15 to 45 millimeter lens that is also interchangeable.
Both cameras are a compact size, making them ideal for carrying with you on days out and taking with you on vacations. The Sony Alpha A5000 measures 2.48 by 1.42 by 4.33 inches compared to the Canon Eos M10 which is a similar size, measuring 2.62 by 1.38 by 4.25 inches.
The two models are both lightweight and extremely portable, with the Sony Alpha A5000 weighing just 0.59 lbs and the Canon Eos M10 weighing only 0.58 lbs.
Both the Canon Eos M10 and the Sony Alpha A5000 have the convenience of built in WiFi, which lets you remotely control the camera from an app on your phone, giving you unique opportunities for photographs. With the WiFi on both models you can also upload your photos instantly to your other devices and share them on social media.
Both models feature a 3 inch LCD screen for the viewfinder that can be flipped up 180 degrees. The two cameras have the capability of filming videos in full HD 1080p at a cinematic rate of 24 frames per second.
Ease of Use
Both the Canon Eos M10 and the Sony Alpha A5000 are easy to use, with clear buttons. The Canon Eos M10 has the benefit of image stabilization technology to help reduce shake, which the Sony Alpha A5000 doesn’t have.
Both cameras work well in low lights without the flash and have fast automatic focus settings to let you quickly capture memorable moments. The Sony Alpha A5000 and the Canon Eos M10 both have manual focus modes, giving more experienced photographers better control.
After looking at both the Sony Alpha A5000 and the Canon Eos M10 we think they both are high quality digital cameras that will give you a professional style image. However, we think the better camera is the Canon Eos M10 as it has a better flash and better image stabilization.
The Canon Eos M10 is a better choice for both beginners and more experienced photographers, as it has features that will suit both.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?