The Sony DSC WX500 and the Canon Powershot G7X are both digital cameras that will let you capture high resolution images in a range of settings. Both cameras are similar in style and have similar features so how do you know which one to go for?
We have looked at the key features of both the Sony DSC WX500 and the Canon Powershot G7X to see which camera we think is the better one.
The Sony DSC WX500 is equipped with 18.2 megapixel CMOS image sensors that will produce high resolution images even in low light settings. The Canon Powershot G7X has 20.2 megapixel CMOS image sensors combined with powerful DIGIC 6 processors that will help you capture higher quality images.
The Sony DSC WX500 has a far reaching 30 times optical zoom, letting you capture the details of your subjects in the distance and giving you clearer close ups. The Canon Powershot G7X has only a 4 times optical zoom but can capture detailed macro shots from as close as 2 inches.
Both cameras are ultra portable and are ideal for carrying in your pocket on daytrips and for packing in a bag for traveling. The two models are a similar size, with the Sony DSC WX500 measuring 2.28 by 1.42 by 4.02 inches and the Canon Powershot G7X measuring 2.36 by 1.57 by 4.06 inches.
The compact size of both cameras also means they’re lightweight, with the Canon Powershot G7X weighing 0.67 lbs and the Sony DSC WX500 being a little lighter, weighing 0.52 lbs.
Both the Sony DSC WX500 and the Canon Powershot G7X have the benefit of built in WiFi, so you can quickly and instantly connect to your other devices and share images on social media. Both cameras can be remotely operated via apps on your phone so you can capture more unique images.
The Canon Powershot G7X has a large one inch image sensor that is similar to that of digital SLRs, allowing you to capture professional style photographs. Both cameras have large 3 inch LCD screens with the Sony DSC WX500 screen designed to be able to flip up so you can take better selfies.
Ease of Use
Both cameras are easy to use and have added features to help you capture your ideal images. Both models are equipped with image stabilization technology that will continue to work on the Canon Powershot G7X even when using a tripod or shooting a movie.
Both models have automatic and manual settings, allowing you more creativity over your images. The Canon Powershot G7X is designed to be more like a pocket digital SLR and has more manual functions to let you capture a professional quality image.
After looking at the features of both the Canon Powershot G7X and the Sony DSC WX500 we think the better camera is the Sony DSC WX500. The Sony DSC WX500 is easier to use and is more versatile with its more powerful zoom lens.
The Canon Powershot G7X is a good choice if you’re looking for a pocket camera that will give you digital SLR quality images but the Sony DSC WX500 costs less and still produces a good quality image.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?