The Steelseries Apex M800 and the Blackwidow Chroma are two unique gaming keyboards available on the market. They both have great features for any level of gammer to enjoy. With specific gamming must-have features, it is a difficult choice to make when trying to decide whether the Steelseries Apex M800 or the Blackwidow Chroma is the right keyboard for you.
We’ve compiled information to help you make this decision and placed the information into four easy-to-read categories. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of the article.
The four categories we’ve researched are: overall product dimensions, key switch information, backlight options and additional gaming must-have features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Steelseries Apex M80 are 6.85” x 20.08”. The overall product weight is set at 3.06 lbs.
The overall product dimensions for the Blackwidow Chroma are 18.72” x 6.74” x 1.54”. The overall product weight is set at 3.31 lbs.
Key Switch Information
The key switches on the Steelseries Apex M800 are QS1 switches.
The key switches on the Blackwidow Chroma are Razer mechanical switches. They Razer mechanical switches are engineered to be able to withstand up to 60 million key strokes over the lifetime of the keyboard.
The Steelseries Apex M800 has 16.8 million color options for backlights, with 8 brightness levels to choose from. While this model comes equipped with built-in pre-configured lighting options, you can also customize your own lighting profiles.
The Blackwidow Chroma also features 16.8 million color lighting options for backlight choices.
Additional Gaming Must-Have Features
The additional gaming must-have features for the Steelseries Apex M800 include the following features:
- Ergonomic low angle keyboard
- Dual processors
- Six quick-access macro keys
- N-key rollover, which allows you 256 key presses at once
- All keys are fully programmable
- Keys with LED centered markings
- Custom profiles that recognize when you change games and switches your settings automatically
- Full anti-ghosting
- Swappable rubber feet
The additional gaming must-have features for the Blackwidow Chroma include the following features:
- ten key rollover anti-ghosting
- Five dedicated macro keys
- Razer Synapse software
- Gaming mode
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation between the Steelseries Apex M800 and the Blackwidow Chroma was difficult. However, in the end, the overall product recommendation was given to the Steelseries Apex M800.
The Steelseries Apex M800 has all the great standard features seen on gaming keyboards, such as macro keys and N-key rollover, but also takes your gaming experience one step further. The Steelseries Apex M800 provides custom profiles and the ability to recognize when you switch games on your computer. This is an incredible feature that offers not only convenience but stress-free gaming by not having to remember all of the special assigned actions you put to each macro key.
One feature seen on the Blackwidow Chroma that isn’t on the Steelseries Apex M800 is the gaming mode. The gaming mode locks your keys that aren’t used during gaming, such as the return to desktop keys. The ability to fully concentrate on you game and not be worried about accidently exiting out of it makes this an ideal feature.
Other KEYBOARD Comparisons
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Logitech K400 vs Logitech TK820 – Which Keyboard is Better?
- Logitech K400 vs Microsoft All In One – Is One Better than the Other?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 5000 – What’s the Difference?
- Logitech MK550 vs Microsoft 4000 – Is One Keyboard Better?
- Anker CB310 vs Logitech MK520: High Functioning Wireless Keyboards
- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 vs Logitech G110: Designed for Gamers
- Steelseries Apex M800 vs. Blackwidow Chroma: Two unique gaming keyboards
- Logitech Orion Spark vs. Corsair K95 RGB: Two great gaming keyboard options
- Corsair Gaming K95 vs Corsair Gaming K70: To Key or Not to Key
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional vs. Ultimate: What are the differences between these two Das Keyboard models?
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate: Two gaming keyboards with great consumer features
- Logitech G710+ vs. Razer Blackwidow: Mechanical Gaming Keyboards