The Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P are both headsets that are designed to give you a greater gaming experience. With a similar appearance and similar features it can be difficult to decide which model will be the best one for you.
We have brought together the main features of both the Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P to give you a better idea of which is the best headset to choose.
The Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P are lightweight headphones, with the 60P being the lighter of the two, weighing in at 12.6 ounces, compared to the 50P that weighs 16 ounces. The ear cushions on both the 50P and the 60P can be folded flat when you’re not using them.
Both models feature comfortable synthetic leather-covered ear cushions in an over-ear design, giving you endless hours of gaming in complete comfort. The headsets can be adjusted on both models so you can get a comfortable fit, yet neither models have cushioning on the headband.
The Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P both feature removable microphones so you can easily switch between gaming and listening to music. The Turtle Beach 60P has the added function of having mic monitoring, meaning you can hear your own voice in the speakers as you talk, so you know you won’t be shouting at fellow players.
Both the Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P have their volume controls built into the cable so you have easy access to them.
Both the models feature large 40 millimeter over ear speakers. The Turtle Beach 50P gives you high quality stereo sound but the Turtle Beach 60P benefits from a higher quality amplified stereo sound.
Both the Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P are designed for gaming so they deliver high quality sound for both background and voice sounds. Each of the headsets are equally ideal for listening to music or watching movies.
The Turtle Beach 60P is designed to work with Playstation, working with the PS4 Pro, the PS4 and the PS3. The Turtle Beach 50P is designed to work with the PS4 Pro and the PS4.
Both the models will work with an XBox One using the 3.5 millimeter jack connection, but the amplified sound on the 60P will only work with PS4. Both models will also work with on your PC and Mac, giving you greater flexibility on where you use your headset.
Having looked at the main features and functions of both the Turtle Beach 60P and the Turtle Beach 50P they are very similar headsets with roughly the same price tag. However, Turtle Beach 60P has the edge over the Turtle Beach 50P.
The extra features such as the amplified sound and the mic monitoring makes the Turtle Beach 60P the better headset. It allows for better sound quality during gaming and still has the versatility of being used for other activities.
Other Gaming Headsets Comparisons
- Plantronics 780 vs Logitech G430
- Plantronics 355 vs Plantronics 307
- Plantronics 780 vs Plantronics 788
- Turtle Beach DP11 vs Turtle Beach DPX21
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach 50P
- Sennheiser Game Zero vs Sennheiser HD 598: Gaming vs Audio
- Sennheiser Game Zero vs Astro A40: For Gaming Enthusiasts
- Steelseries Siberia 200 vs Steelseries Siberia V2: Updated Comfort and Design
- Corsair Gaming Gaming H2100 vs Logitech G930: Style and Substance
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H340: Slightly More Comfort
- Steelseries Siberia 650 vs Steelseries Elite Prism: An Upgraded Model
- Plantronics Gamecom 780 vs Plantronics Gamecom 788: Value Gaming Headsets
- Turtle Beach X32 vs Turtle Beach X12: Quality Gaming Headphones
- Turtle Beach Elite 800X vs. 800: Is the upgrade worth your time?
- Plantronics Rig 500E vs. Hyperx Cloud II: Will you choose the endorsed Plantronics Rig 500E or the Comfortable Hyperx Cloud II?