The Chicco Keyfit 30 and Graco Snugride 35 are two fantastic rear facing car seat models. With the amount of safety features each model has, how will you choose which one to go with? Will you choose the Chicco Keyfit 30 or the Graco Snugride 35?
We have compiled information on four categories for both models to help you decide which would be a better fit. We’ve also provide our overall product recommendation at the end of the article. The four categories we’ve compiled are: overall product dimensions, weight restrictions, safety features and other additional features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Chicco Keyfit 30 are 22.5” x 17” x 27”. The overall product weight is set at 9.6 lbs.
The Graco Snugride 35 has close to the same dimensions as the Chicco Keyfit 30. The overall product dimensions are 30.7” x 18.7” x 15.6”. It also weights just about the same as the Chicco Keyfit 30, with the overall product weight set at 9.7 lbs.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 is a rear facing car seat meant only to transport infants. The weight restrictions for this model starts at 4 lbs. The maximum weight restriction for this model is set at 30 lbs.
The Graco Snugride 35 is also a rear facing car seat meant only to transport infants. The weight restrictions for this model start at the same weight as the Chicco Keyfit 30, 4 lbs. The maximum weight restriction for this model, however, is set at 35 lbs.
The safety features for the Chicco Keyfit 30 includes energy absorbing foam, thick cushioned, 5-point harness, a center pull adjustment and a spring assisted level foot.
The safety features for the Graco Snugride 35 includes SafetySeat engineering, side impact testing, energy absorbing foam, base belt lock-off and a 5-pt front adjusted harness. This model also includes an easy-to-read level indicator.
Other Additional Features
The other additional features for the Chicco Keyfit 30 includes the following:
- Removable insert for newborn
- Ten color options to choose from, including:
- Snapdragon (red, medium grey and light white)
- Radius (orange, medium grey and light white)
- Surge (lime green, black and dark grey)
- Lilla (dark grey, light grey and a dot pattern)
- Graphica (black and multiple shades of grey)
- Polaris (teal, medium grey and light white)
- Papyrus (beige and multiple shades of grey)
- Aster (maroon and multiple shades of grey)
- Sedona (black, multiple shades of grey and yellow piping)
- Rainfall (black, light white and graphic pattern)
- Equinox (black, multiple shades of grey and white piping)
The other additional features for the Graco Snugride 35 include the following:
- Removable infant head support
- Compatible with Classic Connect Graco strollers
- GracoPedic luxury foam
- Four color options to choose from, including:
- Chili Red (red, black and white piping)
- Licorice (black, while and a stripped pattern)
- Orange Sorbet (orange, black and white)
- Pipp (black and white)
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation for this articles goes to the Graco Snugride 35. While the Chicco Keyfit 30 has a higher number of color options, the additional 5 lbs. on the weight restrictions for the Graco Snugride 35 gives it the overall product recommendation.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Chicco Keyfit 30 Comparisons
- Maxi Cosi Mico AP vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Two great rear-facing car seat options
- Chicco Keyfit 30 vs. Graco Snugride 35: Which rear facing car seat will you trust to transport your bundle of joy?
- Graco Snugride 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Which 30 model car seat is the best option for you?
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 vs Chicco KeyFit 30: How to Best Ensure Your Child Continues to Sleep
- Top Rated Car Seats of 2015
- Graco Snugride Click Connect 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Battle of the 30 Infant Car Seats!
- Chicco Keyfit 30 vs. Cybex Aton: for carrying newborns only!
- Baby Trend Flex Loc vs. Chicco Keyfit: Infant Car Seat Options
- Britax B-Safe 35 vs. Chicco KeyFit 30: Infant car seat and base combo choices