Keeping your child safe is of the utmost importance which is why shopping for a car seat requires planning and research. Convertible car seats are a great idea to invest in as they can help keep your child safe until they are around three years old.
To help you make your decision, we compared the Evenflo SureRide DLX and the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seat in the following categories: weight restrictions, dimensions, straps, and accessories. After examining the information, we offer our best recommendation.
Both the Evenflo SureRide DLX and the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seats are designed for children that range in weight from 5 pounds to 65 pounds. This is nice as some car seats only go up to 20 pounds before needing to be replaced.
Both car seat manufacturers recommend that their car seats can be used as rear-facing for children that weigh 5 to 40 pounds and are 19 to 40 inches tall. They can be used forward-facing for children that weigh 22 to 65 pounds and are 28 to 54 inches tall.
Each car seat weighs 14 pounds which is standard among car seats. While they may be bulky to carry, they are light weight and can be carried small distances with minimal effort.
The Evenflo SureRide DLX car seat has dimensions of 29 x 29 x 20 inches while the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seat’s dimensions are relatively smaller at 30 x 18 x 14 inches. Size is very important to consider because not all cars are configured in the same manner.
Many consumers reported that there was plenty of leg room with the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seat, even in compact cars. Leg room was definitely an issue with the Evenflo SureRide DLX car seat when it was used in a rear facing capacity.
If the adults in your family are taller and need more leg room, make sure that there is enough room for the front passenger seat to move backwards. With rear-facing car seats, there is less room for a car seat to recline.
The Evenflo SureRide DLX has six different shoulder strap positions to ensure that whatever the size your child is, they will be protected. As for the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seat, it has an adjustable, multi-position head rest for your child.
Both the Evenflo SureRide DLX and the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seats have a five point harness with a centre clip that adjusts to all chest levels.
In an effort to compete amongst other products, both the Evenflo SureRide DLX and the Safety 1st Guide 65 have added a removable cup holder for convenience. If you were ever wondering where to put your child’s cup or bottle, you now have the answer.
Depending on the size or body type of your child, you may need extra padding to ensure a snug fit in your car sear. Both the Evenflo SureRide DLX and the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seats have removable body pillows to help keep your child snug and secure.
The Evenflo SureRide DLX and the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seats are fairly standard convertible car seats. Both are made for the same weight class of child. The fact that the Safety 1st Guide 65 car seat is much smaller, and therefore can fit in more of a variety of vehicles makes it the better bet.
Other CAR SEAT Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Netgear AC3200 vs Netgear AC3000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- D-Link AC3150 vs D-Link AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- D-Link AC3200 vs Asus RT-AC88U – Which is the Better Router?
- Netgear AC5300 vs Netgear AC3200 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC5300 vs Asus RT-AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Is One Router Better than the Other?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3200 – Which Router is the Best?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC5300 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3100 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Netgear AC2350 vs Asus AC2400 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2200 – What’s the Difference?
Other Evenflo SureRide DLX Comparisons
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Evenflo SureRide DLX vs Safety 1st Guide 65: The Top Convertible Car Seats