Finding a car seat is harder than it looks. With so many seats to choose from, each one boasts that they can keep your baby comfortable while making sure they’re safe.
Safety and comfort are important at any age, especially when the person is small and delicate. Therefore, we have two car seats picked that both look good.
One is the Grace Nautilus 3-in-1, the other is the Britax Marathon. Both have received positive reception from parents across the globe, but which one’s better?
Both car seats are for parents with a higher budget, but one is considerably more expensive than the other. The Graco averages at about $139, while the Britax is a whopping $350.
If you’re on a budget, Graco is the way to go, it seems. With that much of a price difference, is Britax better?
Not necessarily. Sometimes, you get what you pay for, and other times, it’s a status symbol. We’ll see which one’s better.
Weight and Weight Limit
The Graco weighs 21 lbs, and the Britax weighs 19.5. Not much of a difference, so let’s look at the weight limit.
For the Graco, the minimum weight limit is 20 lbs, and the max is 100. Britax has a minimum limit of 5 lbs and a max of 65.
This makes Graco more suited for older babies and not newborns. Because it has more weight limit (an 80 lb range as opposed to 60,) we choose Graco.
The Graco boasts a five point harness and a steel reinforced frame, both of which protect the baby quite well. However, the Britax is a whole new ballgame in of itself.
The Amazon page goes into great detail about the seat, with so many features designed to keep your child safe during a crash. Its base has technology that compresses upon a car crash, for instance.
A few other safety features the Britax boasts include harnesses designed to withstand crashes and side guards.
It’s safe to say that Britax has your mind at peace. If the primary concern of your car seat is safety, Britax is your best bet.
Both seats are guaranteed for comfort, and both provide you with a way to keep your kid safe that’s free of any frustrations. The only other comparison we could make is customizability.
The 3-in-1 is available in up to six colors, making it better if you like more flair. The Britax, meanwhile, stays in one color.
It’s a tough one, but due to the seat going above and beyond to make sure your kid is safe, we have to pick the Britax Marathon. Granted, the 3-in-1 is a great seat as well, and offers its own advantages.
The 3-in-1 is more attuned to bigger children, so it’s still a good choice, and not a bad pick if your budget doesn’t allow you to buy the Britax. Overall, both are good, but Britax wins.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Comparisons
Other Britax Marathon Comparisons
- Graco Contender 65 vs Britax Marathon
- Britax Roundabout G4.1 vs Britax Marathon
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs. Britax Marathon: Child Safety, Parent Peace of Mind
- Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Vs. Britax Marathon: Which is Better for Your Baby?
- Britax Marathon vs. Graco Nautilus
- Britax Marathon 70-G3 vs. Diono Radian R100