Your child’s safety is what matters the most, and we get that. Protecting your infant from harm is needed, whether at home or on the go. That’s why car seats are an invention from the parenting gods. They keep your baby snug and protected.
But there are so many seats to choose from. Some are more comfortable than others, even though comfort is subjective and babies can’t tell you how firm or soft they like their seat. Others have bells and whistles while some car seats focus just on safety.
That’s why we’re here to help. After all, it takes a village to raise a child. We’re comparing some of the most popular seats around and ranking them based on quality. Which car seat is the better value? Let’s find out. Today, we’ll be looking at two seats from Graco, the Smart Seat and the Nautilus.
You can’t compare value without first looking at the cost. The Smart Seat, as of this article, is going for approximately $299.99 on its Amazon page. Meanwhile, the Nautilus sells for about $144.
That’s quite a big price difference, huh? Does that make the Smart Seat better, or is the Smart Seat all flash with no substance? Let’s find out.
First, let’s look at what the Smart Seat has to offer. It should be noted that this seat covers all stages in a child’s life. It fits any infant who’s about 5-40 pounds, and then it can be adjusted to fit a 20-65 pound toddler via its harness. It can form to a booster, which fits anyone who’s 30-100 pounds.
The Smart Seat has easily adjustable harnesses and straps, and also has machine washable covers for added convenience.
Now, let’s check out the Nautilus. Like the Smart Seat, it is adjustable for the different stages in a child’s life, but doesn’t seem to cover the infancy stage. It’s mainly for children 20 to 100 pounds. You can convert the seat to a booster or a backless booster, and its steel frame gives you durability.
Other than that, the 3 in 1 doesn’t have too many unique features to talk about.
Which is Better?
Both are great car seats that cover the many different stages of a child’s life. A child still needs a special seat way after they’re a kid, and these seats seem to address that need. So which seat is the better value?
We have to go with the 3-in-1. While the Smart Seat does have a stage for infants, it’s considerably more expensive than the Nautilus, and it doesn’t have too many other features that warrant the price jump. You can buy the 3 in 1 and use the leftover money to get yourself a good infant seat.
But both are great products that deserve their praise. Both are definitely worth trying out, and we hope that this article allowed you to make an informed decision. Until next time.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Graco Smart Seat Comparisons
Other Graco Nautilus Comparisons
- Graco Argos 80 Elite vs. Graco Nautilus: Which Graco is for you?
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Graco Nautilus: Convertible car seats for ultimate safety and efficiency!
- Graco Smart Seat Vs. Nautilus: Which is the Better Value?
- Graco Nautilus vs. Diono Radian RXT
- Graco Nautilus vs Britax Frontier
- Britax Marathon vs. Graco Nautilus
- Graco Nautilus vs. Britax Pioneer