Products evolve overtime, and car seats are no different. When the evolution of a product happens, a “second version” of a product is released. In this case, the 30 LX is the “second version” of the Graco Snugride 30.
What are the differences? Is the 30 LX worth looking at?
Here we look at three categories to discuss the differences between the Graco Snugride 30 and the 30 LX. The categories include: safety features, additional features and average consumer ratings.
The safety features for the Graco Snugride 30 and the 30 LX are very similar. They both include 5-point harnesses and energy absorbing foam for impact protection. Graco vigorously evaluates each car seat for crash ratings and side impact ratings.
The difference between the Graco Snugride 30 and the 30 LX resides with the base.
The Graco Snugride 30 features a 6-position adjustable base that can stay in the car. It has an easy read level indicator to assist with proper installation.
The 30 LX has a 3-postion adjustable base that stays in the car. It is LATCH equipped for maximum safety and protection by hooking into the vehicle’s existing latch system.
The only differences between the Graco Snugride 30 and the 30 LX, in the additional features department, is that the 30 LX features a rotating canopy and that there are different color options for each.
The Graco Snugride 30 has four color options:
- Licorice (black, grey and stripe pattern)
- Nyssa (shades of grey and pink)
- Pierce (black and shades of grey)
- Everest (shades of grey, black, green and a circle pattern)
The 30 LX has five color options:
- Charger (black, green and circle/geometric pattern)
- Marco (black, grey, pink and circle/geometric pattern)
- Sapphire (shades of grey with teal accents)
- Glacier (shades of grey)
- Shine (shades of grey, white, green accent and star pattern)
Average Consumer Rating
The Graco Snugride 30 receive an average consumer rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. The positive features of this model include the ease of releasing the car seat from the base one handed and the simplicity of using the Click Connect system.
The 30 LX receives an almost identical average consumer rating, but increased to 4.5 out of 5 stars. Once again, the simplicity of the Click Connect system is praised. The rotating canopy is also a major praise with this model. Consumers like the additional coverage it provides.
The only negative remarks about the 30 LX is that the car seat itself is long. It’s mentioned in a few remarks that it hardly fit into certain vehicle types.
Overall Product Recommendation
While these two Graco models are incredibly similar, in just about every aspect, the overall product recommendation goes to the 30 LX. The 30 LX, unlike the Graco Snugride 30, incorporates the LATCH system into its stay-in-car base.
The LATCH system provides increased safety by using the grounded latch system installed in your vehicle. This extra protection is what gives the overall product recommendation award to the 30 LX.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Graco Snugride 30 Comparisons
- Graco Snugride 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Which 30 model car seat is the best option for you?
- Graco Snugride 30 vs. 30 LX: Is the “LX” worth the buy?