The Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 are USB headsets that are meant for a whole range of experiences, from gaming to listening to music. They are comfortable and stylish.
To help you determine if the Logitech H390 or the Logitech H340 is right for your, we’ve compared the two USB headsets in the categories of connection, microphone, system requirements and audio. We then offer a recommendation.
Both the Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 are plug and play USB headsets. This means that you can hook your headset to any USB-enabled device and immediately by connected to its sound.
The volume controls on both the Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 are on the cord itself so you never have to fumble around to adjust your noise level.
The design for the Logitech H390 is definitely more sophisticated than the Logitech H340. The Logitech H390 has padded ear cups and a padded headband.
The Logitech H340, meanwhile, has a basic plastic headband and foam ear cups. If you plan on using your headset for an extended period of time, then the Logitech H390 is the better option.
Both the Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 have noise cancelling microphones that cut out background noises. This means that if you’re using the microphones for gaming your teammates, or opponents, hear only your voice and not anything else.
As an added bonus the microphone on both the Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 rotate so that when you’re not using it, you can move the microphone away from your face.
The Logitech H390 is built for either Windows or Mac software. It is compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It is also compatible with Mac OS X or later.
The Logitech H340 is also built for either Windows or Mac software and has the same compatibility as the H390.
Both the Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 come with a 2 year limited hardware warranty.
The Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 have an input impedance of 20 Ohms. The frequency response for the headset is also the same at 20 Hz to 20 kHz
The microphone frequency response for the Logitech H390 is 100 Hz to 10 kHz and for the H340 it is 100Hz to 6500Hz.
The cable length for the Logitech H390 is 8 feet while the cable length for the Logitech H340 is smaller at 6 feet.
While both the Logitech H390 and the Logitech H340 are inexpensive headsets, the H390 has a few more features that make the pair worthwhile.
The comfort and design of the Logitech H390 is better and will allow you to wear your headset for longer periods of time. The Logitech H390 also has a longer cable, which while it might not seem relevant now, if you like to move around while using your headset, you will appreciate the extra length.
Other Gaming Headsets Comparisons
- Plantronics 780 vs Logitech G430
- Plantronics 355 vs Plantronics 307
- Plantronics 780 vs Plantronics 788
- Turtle Beach DP11 vs Turtle Beach DPX21
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach 50P
- Sennheiser Game Zero vs Sennheiser HD 598: Gaming vs Audio
- Sennheiser Game Zero vs Astro A40: For Gaming Enthusiasts
- Steelseries Siberia 200 vs Steelseries Siberia V2: Updated Comfort and Design
- Corsair Gaming Gaming H2100 vs Logitech G930: Style and Substance
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H340: Slightly More Comfort
- Steelseries Siberia 650 vs Steelseries Elite Prism: An Upgraded Model
- Plantronics Gamecom 780 vs Plantronics Gamecom 788: Value Gaming Headsets
- Turtle Beach X32 vs Turtle Beach X12: Quality Gaming Headphones
- Turtle Beach Elite 800X vs. 800: Is the upgrade worth your time?
- Plantronics Rig 500E vs. Hyperx Cloud II: Will you choose the endorsed Plantronics Rig 500E or the Comfortable Hyperx Cloud II?