The Maxi Cosi Mico AP and the Chicco Keyfit 30 are two fantastic options when looking for a rear-facing only car seat. With beautiful colors and worthwhile safety features it can be difficult to choose which one will be best. How will you pick between the Maxi Cosi Mico AP and the Chicco Keyfit 30?
We’ve compiled information into four categories to help you in your decision. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of this article. The four categories we’ve selected and researched are: weight restrictions, safety features, color options and other must have features.
The Maxi Cosi Mico AP has a smaller weight restriction than the Chicco Keyfit 30. The weight restriction goes as small as 5 lbs and as heavy as 22 lbs.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 gives you an extra 9 lbs. to work with. The lowest weight it will support is 4 lbs. The highest weight it will support is 30 lbs.
The safety feature that the Maxi Cosi Mico AP offers is AirProtect side impact protection.
The safety features that the Chicco Keyfit 30 offers includes energy absorbing foam, a five-point harness and a center-pull adjustment strap. It also features a spring-assisted level foot and bubble level indicators to help with proper installment into your vehicle.
The Maxi Cosi Mico AP comes in five great color options. They are:
- Red Rumor (red and black)
- Grey Gravel (grey and black)
- Devoted black (all black)
- Bright Rose (pink and black)
- Blue Base (blue and black)
The Chicco Keyfit 30 features an addition six color options over the Maxi Cosi Micro AP, bringing the total color options available to 11. The color options for this model are:
- Snapdragon (red, medium grey and light white)
- Radius (orange, medium grey and light white)
- Surge (lime green, black and dark grey)
- Lilla (dark grey, light grey and features a dot pattern)
- Graphica (black and multiple shades of grey)
- Polaris (teal, medium grey and light white)
- Papyrus (beige and multiple shades of grey)
- Aster (maroon and multiple shades of grey)
- Sedona (black, multiple shades of grey and yellow piping)
- Rainfall (black, light white and features a graphic pattern)
- Equinox (back, multiple shades of grey and white piping)
Other Must Have Features
The other must have features for the Maxi Cosi Mico AP include a stay-in-car adjustable base, Cozi-Dozi infant support, flip out visor canopy and is compatible with Maxi-Taxi and Karia strollers.
As an added bonus to parents, the fabric for the Maxi Cosi Micro AP is self-wicking and is machine washable and dryer safe.
The other must have features for the Chicco Keyfit 30 include a thick cushion and a removable insert for newborns.
Overall Product Recommendation
The overall product recommendation was tough for these two. However, at the end of the day the overall product recommendation was given to the Chicco Keyfit 30.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 not only has more safety features to offer but also allows for a smaller infant to ride in this model, as well as a larger baby (up to 30 lbs). The extended weight restrictions mean you won’t have to buy another car seat as soon as you would for the Maxi Cosi Mico AP.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Maxi Cosi Mico AP Comparisons
Other Chicco Keyfit 30 Comparisons
- Maxi Cosi Mico AP vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Two great rear-facing car seat options
- Chicco Keyfit 30 vs. Graco Snugride 35: Which rear facing car seat will you trust to transport your bundle of joy?
- Graco Snugride 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Which 30 model car seat is the best option for you?
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 vs Chicco KeyFit 30: How to Best Ensure Your Child Continues to Sleep
- Top Rated Car Seats of 2015
- Graco Snugride Click Connect 30 vs. Chicco Keyfit 30: Battle of the 30 Infant Car Seats!
- Chicco Keyfit 30 vs. Cybex Aton: for carrying newborns only!
- Baby Trend Flex Loc vs. Chicco Keyfit: Infant Car Seat Options
- Britax B-Safe 35 vs. Chicco KeyFit 30: Infant car seat and base combo choices