Safety 1st is one of the more well-known brands for car seats. They have a variety to choose from, but the convertible car seat models are highly attractive among many consumers.
Two of these models are the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite and the Alpha Elite 65.
We looked at these four categories to determine what overall recommendation should be given: weight restrictions, overall car seat dimensions, safety features and fun parent features.
The weight restrictions are one of the most, if not the most, important safety items to consider when purchasing a car seat for your infant, baby or toddler.
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite features three different modes of use: the rear-facing, front-facing and booster modes. With each of these modes there are different weight restrictions.
The rear-facing mode has weight restrictions between 5 lbs. to 35 lbs. The forward-facing mode has weight restrictions between 22 lbs. to 40 lbs. The booster mode has weight restrictions between 40 lbs. to 100 lbs.
The Alpha Elite 65 also has the three mode uses, but the weight restrictions are slightly larger than the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite.
The rear-facing mode has weight restrictions between 5 lbs. to 40 lbs. The front-facing mode has weight restrictions between 22 lbs. to 65 lbs. The booster mode has weight restrictions between 40 lbs. to 100 lbs.
Overall Car Seat Dimensions
Keeping in mind that lifting the car seat is with your child in it is only going to get heavier as they grow, it’s good to look for a lightweight, easy to manage model from the beginning.
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite is a good choice, with the overall weight of the car seat being 18 lbs. The overall size is also quite manageable, with dimensions at 25.5” x 20” x 22”.
The Alpha Elite 65 is just slightly heavier, weighing 19 lbs. The dimensions are also slightly larger. They are 22.5” x 20” x 25.5”.
In addition to weight restrictions, looking at other safety features is also important for parents to consider.
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite has some pretty outstanding safety features, such as energy absorbing foam, infant head supports and a five-point harness.
The Alpha Elite 65 has the same additional safety features as the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite.
Fun Parent Features
So, after all the safety features, it can get exhausting to look at car seat models. There are, however, fun parent features that keep the car seat search worthwhile!
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite’s fun parent features include:
- Quickfit harness system
- Multiple reclining options
- Pivoting arm rests
- Removable cup holder
- Adjustable headrest
- Six color options to suite anyone’s tastes!
- Beaumont (tan / black)
- Bromley (dark grey / black)
- Lamont (light grey / black / white piping)
- Pretty Paws (medium brown / light pink piping / pink leopard print)
- Quartz (light grey / black)
- Seaside Bay (light blue / dark grey / light green piping)
The Alpha Elite 65’s fun parent features include:
- Rotating arm rests
- Removable infant lumbar rest
- Quickfit harness system
- Removable cup holder
- Five great colors to choose from!
- Callie (brown / light pink / spots pattern)
- Decatur (dark grey / light grey / line pattern)
- Dexter (black / light grey / cross-hatch pattern)
- Rachel (light taupe / bright pink / flower pattern)
- Triad (medium grey / faded blue geometric design)
Overall Product Recommendation
These two Safety 1st convertible car seat models are so close in comparison that it was difficult to choose one over the other. In the end, the Alpha Elite 65 is the overall recommended product. Having the ability to take advantage of a wider weight restriction range means that the car seat doesn’t have to be changed as much in the car.
Other CAR SEATS Comparisons
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Safety 1st Guide Air
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Eddie Bauer XRS 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Graco My Ride 65
- Safety 1st Guide 65 vs Evenflo Sureride
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Nautilus 65
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Graco Snugride
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc vs Chicco Keyfit
- Evenflo Nurture vs Evenflo Embrace
- Graco 4Ever vs Britax
- Safety 1st Grow And Go vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Graco Nautilus 65 vs Graco Nautilus 80
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco 4Ever
- Graco Size4Me 65 vs Graco Extend2Fit
- Safety 1st Grow N Go vs Graco 4Ever
Other Alpha Elite 65 Comparisons
Other Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Comparisons
- Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 vs Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite: One Small Difference can Make a Big Deal
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Complete Air: Safety 1st convertible car seat options
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Graco Nautilus: Convertible car seats for ultimate safety and efficiency!
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Alpha Elite 65: Two amazing models from Safety 1st!
- Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite vs. Complete Air 65: Two great Safety 1st Convertible Car Seats!