The D-Link AC3150 and the D-Link AC3200 are both routers that are designed to strengthen and improve the WiFi signal in your home. Both routers are a similar style and offer similar features, so what’s the difference?
We have looked at the key features of both the D-Link AC3150 and the D-Link AC3200 to see which router we think is the better one.
The D-Link AC3150 is a dual band router that can give you speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and up to 2,167 Mbps at 5 GHz. The D-Link AC3200 is a tri-band router that can offer you speeds of up to 600 Mbps on the single 2.4 GHz band and up to 1,300 Mbps on the dual 5 GHz bands.
The D-Link AC3150 features a powerful 1.4 GHz dual core processor, giving you faster transfer times for large amounts of data. The D-Link AC3200 has a 1 GHz dual core processor, which won’t be as fast but will still be able to handle large amounts of data.
Both the D-Link AC3150 and the AC3200 have built in Smart Connect technology that automatically chooses the best connection for each of your devices, switching between the bands as required. The D-Link AC3150 benefits from MU-MIMO technology, which gives each of your compatible devices its own fast speed connection, so multiple users can stream content without slowing down the network.
With both routers you can prioritize the devices that get the strongest or best signal, with the Intelligent QoS technology, meaning you can prioritize streaming or gaming over general web use.
Both the D-Link AC3150 and the D-Link AC3200 will let you manage your network and router settings from an app, letting you stay in control of what devices are connected. With both models you can set up parental controls and block specific websites as well as set time limitations.
With each router you can set up individual user accounts and personalize the settings for each user. The D-Link AC3150 and the AC3200 both feature WPA/WPA2 encryption to keep your WiFi network secure.
The D-Link AC3150 and the AC3200 both have 4 gigabit LAN ethernet ports and a WAN port, as well as both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. The D-Link AC3150 has 4 external antennas to boost signal through your home compared to the AC3200 which benefits from 6 antennas for an even stronger signal.
Both routers have Beamforming technology that helps to direct the WiFi signal to specific devices, giving you a more reliable signal no matter where you go in your home.
After looking at the features of both the D-Link AC3150 and the D-Link AC3200 we think the better router is the D-Link AC3150. It has a lot of the same features as the AC3200 but benefits from being able to deliver faster speeds over the two bands.
The AC3150 also has the advantage of MU-MIMO technology, giving you and other users a faster and more reliable connection.
Other ROUTER Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Netgear AC3200 vs Netgear AC3000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- D-Link AC3150 vs D-Link AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- D-Link AC3200 vs Asus RT-AC88U – Which is the Better Router?
- Netgear AC5300 vs Netgear AC3200 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC5300 vs Asus RT-AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Is One Router Better than the Other?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3200 – Which Router is the Best?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC5300 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3100 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Netgear AC2350 vs Asus AC2400 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2200 – What’s the Difference?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2600 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs TP-Link Archer C7 – Which One’s Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Which One is Better?