The Netgear Nighthawk X10 and the Netgear Nighthawk X8 are both routers designed to be used in your home environment. Both routers will give you stronger WiFi signal in your home, so which one is the better one?
We have compiled a list of the main features of both the Netgear Nighthawk X10 and the Netgear Nighthawk X8 to see which one we think is the better router.
The Netgear Nighthawk X8 is a tri-band router that has combined speeds of up to 5.3 Gbps with up to 1,000 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and up to 2,166 Mpbs at 5 GHz. The Netgear Nighthawk X10 is a tri-band router with a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor that will give you combined speeds of up to 7.2 Gbps and supports the 60 GHz 11ad technology.
Both routers feature 4 internal and external antennas that help to boost speed and range of the WiFi signal. The routers both have MU-MIMO technology that ensures your WiFi works fast with all your connected devices, even when multiple devices are streaming content or downloading.
The Netgear Nighthawk X8 features Smart Connect technology that chooses the best WiFi network band for each of your connected devices, so that the fastest devices are using the fastest possible internet connection and will switch depending on the activity of the users. The X8 also benefits from Dynamic QoS which puts your streaming and gaming above everything else, keeping your signal strong.
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 has Plex media system built in so you can access all of your stored content on all of your devices when you attach your USB drive to the router. The Netgear Nighthawk X10 can also double WiFi speeds to your connected mobile devices.
Both routers have enhanced parental controls built in, so you can stay in control of what your children are able to view online. The two routers will require that you sign up to a third party in order to be able to access the parental control features.
The two models each feature WPA/WPA2 settings that give you a secure connection when accessing the internet and each have customizable guest settings to allow others to have their own logins to your network.
The Netgear Nighthawk X8 features 6 gigabit ethernet LAN ports with 2 having double speeds for link aggregation. The Netgear Nighthawk X10 also features 6 gigabit ethernet LAN ports with two being able to double the speeds for fast 4K HD streaming or fast backups of devices.
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 also features a 10 gigabit LAN SPF+ port for NAS connection. Both models have USB 2.0 and 3.0 connections.
After looking at the key features of both the Netgear Nighthawk X10 and the Netgear Nighthawk X10 we think the better router is the X10. It is a fast router that is an improvement on build compared to the X8.
The X10 benefits from a longer range and can maintain high speeds even when many devices are connected to the network. It is also the newest of the two routers.
Other ROUTER Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Netgear AC3200 vs Netgear AC3000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- D-Link AC3150 vs D-Link AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- D-Link AC3200 vs Asus RT-AC88U – Which is the Better Router?
- Netgear AC5300 vs Netgear AC3200 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC5300 vs Asus RT-AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Is One Router Better than the Other?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3200 – Which Router is the Best?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC5300 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3100 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Netgear AC2350 vs Asus AC2400 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2200 – What’s the Difference?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2600 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs TP-Link Archer C7 – Which One’s Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Which One is Better?