The Canon Powershot SX700 and the Canon Powershot SX720 are both compact digital cameras that will let you capture high quality images in a range of environments. Both models have similar features and are around the same price, so how do you know which one is better?
We have looked at both the Canon Powershot SX700 and the Canon Powershot SX720 to see which camera we think is the best choice.
The Canon Powershot SX700 is equipped with 16.1 megapixel high sensitivity CMOS image sensors and powerful DIGIC 6 image processors to let you capture high resolution images even in lower lights. The Canon Powershot SX720 has 20.3 megapixel CMOS image sensors and DIGIC 6 image processors so you’ll get a higher quality image when enlarged compared to the SX700.
The Canon Powershot SX700 has a 30 times optical zoom but the Canon Powershot SX720 has a powerful 40 times optical zoom, letting you get even closer to your subjects.
Both cameras are compact digital cameras, making them ideal for carrying around in your pocket or purse and for taking on trips and vacations. The Canon Powershot SX700 measures 2.6 by 1.38 by 4.45 inches and the Canon Powershot SX720 is a little smaller measuring 2.51 by 1.41 by 4.32 inches.
Both cameras are lightweight enough for carrying with you for hours at a time with the Canon Powershot SX700 being the lighter of the two, weighing 0.59 lbs compared to the Canon Powershot SX720 which weighs 1 lb.
The Canon Powershot SX700 and the Canon Powershot SX720 both have built in WiFi, which allows you to instantly connect to your other devices and immediately share your images on social media. Both cameras can be remotely operated via the WiFi connection, letting you get more unique shots.
Both cameras can film videos in full HD 1080p with stereo sound and the Canon Powershot SX700 has a slow motion feature. Both cameras are capable of recording a movie clip whenever you capture a still image, letting you make a movie highlights reel to remember your day.
Ease of Use
Both cameras have built in features that make them easy to use and ideal for beginners. The two models feature image stabilization technology that will help to keep your images in focus, even when zoomed in.
Both cameras have a dedicated movie button so you can easily switch between stills and movies and the Canon Powershot SX700 has a dedicated phone button so you can connect to your phone easily.
After looking at the features of both the Canon Powershot SX700 and the Canon Powershot SX720 we think the better camera is the Canon Powershot SX720. It is a newer model than the Canon Powershot SX700 and is an upgrade on style.
The added features are similar on both cameras but the Canon Powershot SX720 produces a superior quality image and has a further zoom range, making it the better choice of the two cameras.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?