Built by a leader in gaming technology, the Plantronics Gamecom 780 and the Plantronics Gamecom 788 are gaming headsets that provide style, comfort and audio precision for gaming enthusiasts of all levels.
To help you decide of the Plantronics Gamecom 780 or the Plantronics Gamecom 788 is right for you, we’ve compared the two gaming headsets in the categories of mechanics, audio, microphone and comfort and then follow with a recommendation.
The Plantronics Gamecom 780 is a corded gaming headset, but not to worry as the cord is very strong and no matter how into your game you get, your USB cord will withstand the wear and tear of use.
The Plantronics Gamecom 788 also boasts of a very strong USB cord that holds up for marathon gaming sessions.
Both headsets weigh just under one pound and have dimensions of 9.1 inches x 4.3 inches x 10.3 inches.
The Plantronics Gamecom 780 has 40 mm speakers that provide deep bass and an immersive stereo sound. They use Dolby technology for a 7.1 surround sound experience that captures every nuance of your game.
The Plantronics Gamecom 788 also uses 7.1 surround sound from Dolby to ensure that you hear every nuance from your game.
The microphone for the Plantronics Gamecom 780 has a noise cancelling feature so any background noise on your end isn’t heard by other players in your gaming world. This also ensures that your voice commands are heard clearly and accurately.
The microphone for the Plantronics Gamecom 788 also has noise cancelling properties. There is a hinged mic book that allow your commands to be heard clearly.
There are control buttons on your earpad for both the Plantronics Gamecom 780 and the Plantronics Gamecom 788 that allow you to adjust the volume or even mute it. This easy to reach function means that you’re never scrambling to find the right button in the middle of a battle.
The Plantronics Gamecom 780 and the Plantronics Gamecom 788 have very comfortable ear cushions as well as a padded headband. This is perfect for marathon gaming sessions and also allows you to use your headset to listen comfortable to music or watch movies.
There are built-in spin joints that allow you to lay the ear cups flat, which is great for storage.
The Plantronics Gamecom 788 also has ear cups that can be rotated. Not only can they be laid flat for storage, but they can also become mini-speakers when worn around your neck.
The Plantronics Gamecom 780 and the Plantronics Gamecom 788 are similar headsets and the biggest difference between the two is the outwards design. The audio is virtually the same.
The Plantronics Gamecom 788 can be seen as an updated model of the Plantronics Gamecom 780, and as a general rule, more updated products are usually the way to go. For these headsets, this remains true and the Plantronics Gamecom 788 is the better gaming headset.
Other Gaming Headsets Comparisons
- Plantronics 780 vs Logitech G430
- Plantronics 355 vs Plantronics 307
- Plantronics 780 vs Plantronics 788
- Turtle Beach DP11 vs Turtle Beach DPX21
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach 50P
- Sennheiser Game Zero vs Sennheiser HD 598: Gaming vs Audio
- Sennheiser Game Zero vs Astro A40: For Gaming Enthusiasts
- Steelseries Siberia 200 vs Steelseries Siberia V2: Updated Comfort and Design
- Corsair Gaming Gaming H2100 vs Logitech G930: Style and Substance
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H340: Slightly More Comfort
- Steelseries Siberia 650 vs Steelseries Elite Prism: An Upgraded Model
- Plantronics Gamecom 780 vs Plantronics Gamecom 788: Value Gaming Headsets
- Turtle Beach X32 vs Turtle Beach X12: Quality Gaming Headphones
- Turtle Beach Elite 800X vs. 800: Is the upgrade worth your time?
- Plantronics Rig 500E vs. Hyperx Cloud II: Will you choose the endorsed Plantronics Rig 500E or the Comfortable Hyperx Cloud II?