The Beyerdynamic T90 and the Sennheiser HD650 are quality headphones that are designed for using with high end audio equipment either at the studio or at home. They are both professional style headphones that are around the same price so how do you know which ones are better?
We have made a list of the main features of both the Beyerdynamic T90 and the Sennheiser HD650 to give you a better idea of which headphones will suit your needs the best.
The Beyerdynamic T90 and the Sennheiser HD650 are designed to be comfortable enough to wear for extended durations and both are lightweight headphones. Both models have soft padded headbands that can be adjusted to fit your head.
The Beyerdynamic T90 has soft padded foam ear cushions that are velour wrapped for extra comfort and breathability. The Sennheiser HD650 also has velour wrapped ear cushions and both models sit over your ears to allow for less pressure during long listening sessions.
Both the Sennheiser HD650 and the Beyerdynamic T90 are open back headphones, meaning you get a more natural sound and a better acoustic experience. The Beyerdynamic T90 has an impedance of 250 ohms compared to the Sennheiser HD650 which has an impedance of 300 ohms.
Both models have extended frequency response to deliver accurate audio at all levels, with the Sennheiser HD650 having a frequency response of between 10 and 39,500 Hz. The Beyerdynamic T90 can deliver powerful bass and accurate sound even at high volumes.
The Beyerdynamic T90 has the benefit of having replaceable parts, meaning you can extend the life of your headphones for as long as you need to. The Beyerdynamic T90 has the added feature of powerful Tesla drivers and a high sound pressure level of 125 dB.
The Sennheiser HD650 has can deliver 103 dB of sound through its hand selected driver elements and acoustic silk construction. Neither of the models can be folded flat for storage or travel but the Beyerdynamic T90 comes with a handy carrying bag.
The Beyerdynamic T90 and the Sennheiser HD650 are designed to be used with high end audio equipment. Both models will require an amp in order for them to reach their full audio potential.
The Beyerdynamic T90 comes with a 6.3 millimeter jack cable and the Sennheiser HD650 comes with a 6.3 millimeter jack cable in addition to a 3.5 millimeter adapter, so you can switch to portable devices if needed. The Sennheiser HD650 will deliver high quality audio from your phone or tablet, giving you greater versatility.
After analyzing the features of both the Sennheiser HD650 and the Beyerdynamic T90 we think the better set of headphones are the Sennheiser HD650. With a lower impedance they have greater potential to be used with more of your audio equipment and still sound great.
They Sennheiser HD650 also benefits from the added 3.5 millimeter adapter, allowing you to easily connect to your phones and laptops.
Other HEADPHONES Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach PX24 – What’s the Difference?
- Turtle Beach 60P vs Turtle Beach P12 – Which Ones are Better?
- Logitech H390 vs Logitech H600 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 – Which Headphones are Better?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X vs Sennheiser HD 202 – Is There an Overall Winner?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K52 – Which Headphones are Better?
- AKG K72 vs AKG K92 – What’s the Difference?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30X vs Audio-Technica ATH-M40X
- AKG Pro Audio K67 vs AKG Pro Audio K167
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro vs Sennheiser HD650
- AKG Pro Audio K77 vs AKG K44
- AKG K92 vs AKG K240
- AKG Pro Audio K271 MKII vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
- Shure SRH1840 vs Sennheiser HD800
Other Beyerdynamic T90 Comparisons
- Beyerdynamic T90 vs Sennheiser HD650
- Beyerdynamic T90 vs Sennheiser HD700
- Beyerdynamic T90 vs Beyerdynamic DT880
- Beyerdynamic T90 vs Beyerdynamic T1