The Gaggia Brera and the Saeco Syntia are espresso machines that attempt to bring the luxury of coffee into the everyday kitchen. They are sophisticated machines that use state of the art technology to brew the perfect cup of espresso for you.
To help you determine if the Gaggia Brera or the Saeco Syntia is right for you, we’ve compared the two espresso machines in the categories of mechanics, features, accessories and dimensions and then offer up a recommendation.
Both the Gaggia Brera and the Saeco Syntia have a pump pressure of 15 bars.
The Gaggia Brera has a heating system that operates on 1300 watts while the Saeco Syntia operates on 1400 watts.
The Gaggia Brera and the Saeco Syntia both have a stainless steel water boiler.
As for the Gaggia Brera, it features a classic milk frother which turns milk into milk froth which can be added to cappuccinos or lattes.
The Gaggia Brera has five grind settings and a hopper capacity of eight ounces.
The Saeco Syntia also has five grind settings, which is nice as it allows you to choose from fine to coarse grounds, depending on your preference and the type of drink you are making.
The Gaggia Brera has a cup holder and a hot water/ steam nozzle. It is capable of simultaneous brewing and is suitable for pods.
The Gaggia Brera is able to heat up in 47 seconds and can produce steam in 70 seconds.
The Saeco Syntia has an adjustable coffee dispenser as well as a bypass for ground coffee. It features front access to easily reach all functions.
It boasts of a rapid steam option as well as a removable brewing group and water tank.
The Gaggia Brera is available in the colors silver and black. You have the option of purchasing a water filter system to ensure you have clean water for your espresso.
The Saeco Syntia is only available in stainless steel.
There are a number of accessories for purchase to help enhance your Saeco Syntia. Among these are a maintenance kit, water filter and machine descaler.
The Gaggia Brera has dimensions of 10 inches x 12.4 inches x 17.5 inches. Its water tank capacity is 1.2 liters.
The Saeco Syntia has dimensions of 10.1 inches x 12.4 inches x 16.3 inches. Its water tank capacity is also 1.2 liters.
The Gaggia Brera and the Saeco Syntia may be from different companies, but they appear to be relatively similar products. Both have similar settings and reviews are similar for both products.
The biggest difference between the two espresso machines is in their prices. The Saeco Syntia is actually double the price of the Gaggia Brera. This factor make the choice between the two products a lot easier to make.
Save some money and choose the Gaggie Brera. You can be assured of quality espresso drinks and as a bonus, you’ll have money left over from your purchase.
Other Espresso Machine Comparisons
- Keurig Rivo vs Verismo
- Nespresso Prodigio vs Nespresso Evoluo
- Nespresso Pixie vs. Nespresso Citiz
- Keurig Rivo vs Nespresso Lattissima
- Jura Impressa S9 vs Jura Impressa Z7
- Mr Coffee ECM160 vs ECM260 – The Search for Great Coffee at Home
- Jura Impressa S9 vs Jura Impressa C9: High End Espresso Machines
- Saeco Poemia vs Breville Cafe Roma: Smooth espresso
- Nespresso Pixie vs Nespresso Pixie Clips: All about Customization
- Saeco Intuita vs Saeco Intelia: Espresso you can Count On
- Nespresso Inissia vs Delonghi EC155: Savour your cup of Coffee
- Jura Ena Micro 1 vs Jura Ena Micro 9: A Number of Possibilities
- Keurig Rivo vs Ninja Coffee Bar: Pods vs Beans
- Gaggia Brera vs Saeco Syntia: It all comes down to price
- Nespresso Pixie vs Nespresso Vertuoline: Compact, Stylish and Delicious