The Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso Citiz are both compact coffee machines that deliver delicious espresso using the Nespresso range of gourmet coffee pods. They are pretty similar in price, with only a $20 difference, so how do you know which one to go for?
We have compiled a list of some of the key features of both the Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso Citiz to see which one we think is the better of the two.
The Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso Citiz are two super stylish espresso machines that come in a choice of colors so you can match your machine to your kitchen decor. The Pixie is the lighter of the two models weighing at 6.6 lbs compared to the Citiz that weighs 7.5 lbs.
The Pixie is the smaller of the two models, measuring at 4.4 inches wide, by 12.8 inches in depth and 9.3 inches in height, giving you more space on your countertops than the Citiz, which measures 5.1 inches by 10.9 inches by 14.6. Despite the extra height on the Citiz it looks a little more chic than the Pixie.
Both the Pixie and the Citiz feature eco-friendly engineering and can heat up espresso in only 25 seconds. The Citiz has won the Red Dot Design Award for its sleek, innovative design and also has a larger 34 ounce water tank compared to the 24 ounce tank on the Pixie..
Both models feature a folding drip tray so you can use a taller glass as well as an espresso glass. The Pixie benefits from technology that alerts you when the water level in the tank is almost empty; a feature that the Citiz doesn’t have.
Both the Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso Citiz can be cleaned in the same way and it’s very simple. The coffee outlet can be cleaned with a damp cloth and you use Nespresso’s descaling liquid in the water tank to be put through a cycle before running it again with fresh water.
Each of the models has a built in container that can store 11 used capsules at a time, meaning you don’t have to empty either of the machines as often as some other models.
Ease of Use
Both the Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso Citiz create high quality espresso without you needing to be a skilled barista. Because both the models use pods the hard work is done for you by the machine, meaning the quality is kept consistent.
The size and weight of the Pixie make it handy for taking away on trips, meaning you can have your delicious espresso made for you wherever you travel.
After having looked at the features of both the Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso Citiz they both offer similar functions and are both quality espresso machines. Coming out slightly ahead is the Nespresso Pixie.
The Pixie benefits from having a more compact design, giving it more versatility as well as taking up less space in your kitchen. It also features more smart technology and is a newer model than the Citiz.
Other Espresso Machine Comparisons
- Keurig Rivo vs Verismo
- Nespresso Prodigio vs Nespresso Evoluo
- Nespresso Pixie vs. Nespresso Citiz
- Keurig Rivo vs Nespresso Lattissima
- Jura Impressa S9 vs Jura Impressa Z7
- Mr Coffee ECM160 vs ECM260 – The Search for Great Coffee at Home
- Jura Impressa S9 vs Jura Impressa C9: High End Espresso Machines
- Saeco Poemia vs Breville Cafe Roma: Smooth espresso
- Nespresso Pixie vs Nespresso Pixie Clips: All about Customization
- Saeco Intuita vs Saeco Intelia: Espresso you can Count On
- Nespresso Inissia vs Delonghi EC155: Savour your cup of Coffee
- Jura Ena Micro 1 vs Jura Ena Micro 9: A Number of Possibilities
- Keurig Rivo vs Ninja Coffee Bar: Pods vs Beans
- Gaggia Brera vs Saeco Syntia: It all comes down to price
- Nespresso Pixie vs Nespresso Vertuoline: Compact, Stylish and Delicious
Other Nespresso Citiz Comparisons
- Nespresso Pixie vs. Nespresso Citiz
- Nespresso Citiz vs Nespresso Vertuoline: Virtually perfect espreso