If you’ve ever wanted a cup of espresso at the touch of a button, with no fuss and no muss, then look towards either the Jura Impressa S9 or the Jura Impressa C9. Both are streamlined machines meant to take the confusion out of home brewed specialty drinks.
To help you decide if the Jura Impressa S9 or the Jura Impressa C9 is right for you, we’ve compared the two espresso machines in the categories of mechanics, features, display and capacity. We then offer a recommendation.
The Jura Impressa S9 and the Jura Impressa C9 have a 15 bar pump and boast of a thermoblock heating element that allows you to preheat either machine for less than 60 seconds to in order to brew your drink.
Both the Jura Impressa S9 and the Jura Impressa C9 are able to make the following drinks with the push of one button: 1 cappuccino, 2 coffees, 1 coffee, 2 espressi, 1 espresso, 2 ristretti or 1 ristretto.
There are five individually programmable coffee strengths available with the Jura Impressa S9 but three specialities available with the Jura Impressa C9.
The Jura Impressa S9 and the Jura Impressa C9 both have auto rinse cycles as well as cleaning cycles so that you can easily maintain either machine.
If you’re into froth, then both the Jura Impressa S9 and the Jura Impressa C9 will suit you as both espresso machines have a system that is able to create frothy and foamy drinks.
With both machines, the brewing temperature can be programmed in two levels but only with the Jura Impressa S9 can the hot water temperature be programmed in three levels.
The display for the Jura Impressa S9 uses a plain text and graphic display while the Jura Impressa C9 has a plain text display.
Both espresso machines have a variety of buttons to navigate in order to program your perfect cup of coffee.
Bothe the Jura Impressa S9 and the Jura Impressa C9 have an energy saving mode so that when either machine is not in use it will automatically shut off.
The water tank for both the Jura Impressa S9 is a giant 2.6 liters while the water tank for the Jura Impressa C9 is a slightly more modest 1.8 liters.
The bean capacity for the Jura Impressa S9 is 0.3 liters while the bean capacity for the Jura Impressa C9 is slightly smaller at 0.21 liters. Both
The Jura Impressa S9 measures 13.6 inches x 13.8 inches x 15.4 inches. The Jura Impressa C9 measures 11 x 13.6 inches x 17.1 inches.
The height-adjustable coffee spout can go between 2.6 inches to 5.8 inches for the Jura Impressa S9 while the Jura Impressa C9 can be adjusted between 2.6 inches to 4.4 inches.
The Jura Impressa S9 and the Jura Impressa C9 can seem like very similar products, but when you look at their prices, you’ll notice a stark difference. While both are high end espresso machines, the Jura Impressa C9 is slightly more affordable.
If you’re shopping for either espresso machine, it means that you have a large budget for espresso, but do yourself a favor and save a bit and go with the Jura Impressa C9.
Other Espresso Machine Comparisons
- Keurig Rivo vs Verismo
- Nespresso Prodigio vs Nespresso Evoluo
- Nespresso Pixie vs. Nespresso Citiz
- Keurig Rivo vs Nespresso Lattissima
- Jura Impressa S9 vs Jura Impressa Z7
- Mr Coffee ECM160 vs ECM260 – The Search for Great Coffee at Home
- Jura Impressa S9 vs Jura Impressa C9: High End Espresso Machines
- Saeco Poemia vs Breville Cafe Roma: Smooth espresso
- Nespresso Pixie vs Nespresso Pixie Clips: All about Customization
- Saeco Intuita vs Saeco Intelia: Espresso you can Count On
- Nespresso Inissia vs Delonghi EC155: Savour your cup of Coffee
- Jura Ena Micro 1 vs Jura Ena Micro 9: A Number of Possibilities
- Keurig Rivo vs Ninja Coffee Bar: Pods vs Beans
- Gaggia Brera vs Saeco Syntia: It all comes down to price
- Nespresso Pixie vs Nespresso Vertuoline: Compact, Stylish and Delicious