The Canon Powershot SX610 and the Sony DSC-WX350 are both compact digital cameras that will allow you to capture high resolution images and videos in a range of settings. Both have similar features and are in the same price bracket so how do you know which camera is the better one?
We have made a list of the main features of both the Canon Powershot SX610 and the Sony DSC-WX350 to see which camera, in our opinion, comes out on top.
The Canon Powershot SX610 has 20.2 megapixel CMOS image sensors and DIGIC 4+ image processors so you’ll be able to capture a high resolution image even in low lights. The Sony DSC-WX350 has 20.4 megapixel CMOS image sensors that will also give you high resolution images in low lights.
Both cameras produce a similar quality image in the same environments. The Canon Powershot SX610 has an 18 times optical zoom lens compared to the Sony DSC-WX350 which has a 20 times optical zoom, letting you get even closer to your subjects.
Both models are compact digital cameras that are a convenient size for taking on daily trips and family vacations. The Sony DSC-WX350 is the smaller of the two models, measuring just 2.16 by 1.01 by 3.78 inches compared to the larger Canon Powershot SX610 which measures 2.2 by 5.5 by 6.3 inches.
The two cameras are both lightweight with the Sony DSC-WX350 being ultra lightweight, weighing only 0.3 lbs. The Canon Powershot SX610 weighs more than double at 1 lb.
Both the Canon Powershot SX610 and the Sony DSC-WX350 feature built in WiFi so you can instantly share your images with friends and family and connect to your other WiFi enabled devices. The two models can both be remotely controlled using the corresponding app on your phone.
Both models can film videos in full HD with the Sony DSC-WX350 having the capability of shooting videos in 4K, 4 times the quality of full HD 1080p. The Sony DSC-WX350 can capture panoramic images from wide angle up to 360 degrees.
Ease of Use
Both cameras are easy to use and are ideal for beginners as they both have a range of features designed to help you capture your perfect images. Both cameras have image stabilization technology to help keep more of your images in focus without needing a tripod.
The Canon Powershot SX610 has dedicated movie and phone buttons, so you can connect quickly and the Sony DSC-WX350 has a dedicated movie button. The two cameras have both automatic and manual focus settings, so you can create more personalized images.
We have looked at the main features of both the Canon Powershot SX610 and the Sony DSC-WX350 and we think the better camera is the Sony DSC-WX350. Both cameras will give you high quality photographs but the Sony DSC-WX350 has the advantage of shooting higher quality movies.
The Sony DSC-WX350 has more modern technology and benefits from being ultra compact in size as well as being super lightweight, making it more portable and an ideal camera for traveling.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?