The Nikon Coolpix S6500 and the Sony WX200 are both digital cameras that are designed to be used to capture high resolution images in a range of environments. Both are similar in style and have a lot of the same features, so which one is better?
We have made a list of the main features of both the Nikon Coolpix S6500 and the Sony WX200 to give you a better idea of which camera will be right for you.
The Nikon Coolpix S6500 has 16 megapixel CMOS image sensors to give you a high resolution image even in low light settings. The Sony WX200 has 18.2 megapixel CMOS image sensors so you’ll get a higher quality image that can withstand being enlarged further.
With the Nikon Coolpix S6500 you’ll be able to get closer to the action with a wide angle 12 times optical zoom lens. The Sony WX200 has a 10 times optical zoom that will still let you get pretty close to your subject.
Both the cameras are ultra compact models that are ideal for carrying around all day, as they’ll both easily fit in your pocket or purse. The Sony WX200 measures 3.63 by 2.06 by 0.85 inches and the Nikon Coolpix S6500 measures 3.8 by 2.3 by 1.1 inches.
The two cameras are lightweight, making the great for travel, with the Sony WX200 weighing just 0.25 lbs. The Nikon Coolpix S6500 weighs just a little more at 0.36 lbs.
Both the Nikon Coolpix S6500 and the Sony WX200 are capable of shooting full HD movies in 1080p. Both cameras have built in WiFi so you can connect to your phones and tablets and share your photos and videos instantly with your friends and family on social media.
Both cameras have a continuous shooting mode of up to 10 frames per second, allowing you to capture important moments of action. Both models have a built in flash and the ability to capture images in low light without the use of the flash.
Ease of Use
The Nikon Coolpix S6500 and the Sony WX200 are both easy to use and are great for beginners. Both models have the added benefit of image stabilization technology that will help you get your image in focus without the need for a tripod.
The Sony WX200 has a sleek design with minimal buttons and most of the control coming through the menu on the screen. Both cameras are equipped with autofocus and both have a handy 3 inch LCD screen so you can clearly view your images.
We have looked at the features of both the Nikon Coolpix S6500 and the Sony WX200 and we think the better camera is the Nikon Coolpix S6500. It is a less expensive camera and is easier to use with specific buttons for certain functions.
The Nikon Coolpix S6500 has a further zoom range and works better in low light settings.
Other CAMERAS Comparisons
- Sony DSC WX350 vs Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC HX400V vs Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Does One Camera Work Better?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Fujifilm X100 – Which is the Better Model?
- Fujifilm X20 vs Canon Powershot G16 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L830 – Which Camera Works Best?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix L840 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Canon Powershot SX520 vs Nikon Coolpix P530 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Which Camera is Better?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Panasonic Lumix ZS50 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 vs Nikon Coolpix S9900 – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
- Samsung NX3000 vs Samsung NX300 – Is there a Difference?
- Sony MDR-7510 vs Sony MDR-7506 – Which Headphones Stand Out?
- Canon Powershot SX720 HS vs Nikon Coolpix A900 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Sony DSC H300 vs Nikon Coolpix B500 – Which is the Better Camera?
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V vs Canon Powershot SX50 HS – Is One Camera Better than the Other?
Other Nikon Coolpix S6500 Comparisons
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S6800 – What’s the Difference?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Sony WX200 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 vs Nikon Coolpix S9500 – What Camera Works Best?