Camelbak Products M.U.L.E.
The human body is over two-thirds water, even the skeletal structure/bones are composed of over 20% water. Unfortunately, many individuals overlook the importance of drinking enough water.
Why is water so important? Water is responsible for the transportation of all the nutrients and hormones in our system. Furthermore, it removes the wastes in our bodies. Severe dehydration can be very dangerous and can lead to death.
Studies done by the University of Connecticut’s Human Performance Laboratory discovered that even a 1.5% loss of water in the body resulted in reduced cognitive function, caused headaches and tiredness.
Sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts are especially at risk of dehydration. Combat the risks of dehydration with the use of a hydration Pack.
Osprey Men’s Raptor 14 Hydration Pack
General Features of the Raptor
With close attention to detail and comfort, the Raptor 14 Hydration Pack is one of the top in the market. It is designed specifically with mountain bikers in mind. Its premium features and ease of use make staying hydrated on the go a breeze.
Compared to its predecessors, the Raptor 14 has largest capacity. It can contain three liters of fluid as well as additional food, tools, and small items.
Comfort and Organization
The AirScape™ back-panel is cushioned to avoid chafing and increase breathability while biking long distances. The BioStretch ™ ventilated harness also stays cool throughout the duration of your trip.
A full size hip-belt keeps the pack secure and stable while simultaneously transferring the weight off of your back.
There are stretch mesh zippered waist belt pockets, a mesh front pocket, and an additional removable roll up pouch. A zippered sunglass pocket is also included, with thoughtful protective fabric to protect your glasses from scratches and scuffs.
For safety, the Osprey Men’s Raptor is fitted with a blinker light attachment patch and additional reflective graphics for high visibility in the dark.
The sternum buckle is magnetic, allowing fast access to the reservoir bite for hands free hydration.
Key Features of the Hydraulic Reservoir
The Men’s Raptor Hydration Pack is designed to allow direct access to the hydration sleeve for fast refills. This Hydration Pack is fitted with a 3L Hydraulics ™ Reservoir.
The Hydraulic Reservoir
The Hydraulics Reservoir is made out of Metallocene PE durable/taste free film. This film is BPA and PVC free. An anti-microbial formula also helps prevent the possibility of bacteria and mold.
It is fitted with a ¾ turn cap, wide mouth opening, and a lightweight handle for easy refill and insertion. A ¼”/6.35mm hose is included.
Another feature worth noting is the Hydrostatic ™ plate. This plate helps the reservoir maintain a low and wide profile. The anatomical shape of the pack and plate also keeps the water weight steady and close to the body as opposed to sloshing around.
Pros and Cons of the Osprey Raptor
The Osprey Men’s Raptor 14 is very comfortable, appears stylish, and has plenty of organized storage. It is ideal for mountain biking and lengthy hikes. It is however heavier and more expensive than most products on the market.
Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. Hydration Backpack
General features Compared to the Osprey Raptor
The Camelbak M.U.L.E Hydration backpack is also an excellent choice. The M.U.L.E. stands for Medium to Ultra Long Endeavors and is designed with day hikers and climbers in mind. Its price is similar to the Osprey Raptor 14 and it has many of the same valuable features.
It is built with a narrow-gauge design, making it one of the lightest and maneuverable hydration packs on the market.
Comfort and Organization
Like the Osprey Raptor 14, the Camelbak has a generous waist belt and cushioned shoulder straps. Likewise, air channels work to keep the back cool. Another similarity between the two backpacks is the blinker light attachment patch.
The Camelbak M.U.L.E. is just as organized as the Osprey Raptor, if not more. The Camelbak M.U.L.E. offers a media pocket, bike tool organizer pocket, as well as a stash pocket for additional food. The backpack also comes with four point compression to secure all the items and a stretchy overflow helmet storage.
According to reviews, the Camelbak M.U.L.E. is more stable during movement in comparison to the Raptor.
Antidote ® Reservoir Features
The backpack comes with an Antidote ® Reservoir. This reservoir holds the same amount of water as the Osprey Raptor 14.
In this backpack the cap is ¼ turn open. It is designed with center baffling and a low profile to keep the water stable during movement.
HydroGuard ™ technology helps protect the backpack from mold and bacteria, while PureFlow ™ tube transports the water from the pack to you. Like the Osprey Raptor 14, the Camelbak offers a wide mouth opening for easy cleaning and refills.
Pros and Cons
The Camelbak M.U.L.E. is very lightweight, offers plenty of organization, and has several color choices. However, the bite valve on the Camelbak tends to dangle in the way because it is not equipped with the Osprey magnetic system.
Hydration is must for the outdoor enthusiast as dehydration can pose as a serious health risk. The use of hydration packs can greatly minimize the risk of dehydration by providing easily accessible water.
When comparing the Osprey Raptor with the Camelbak M.U.L.E. it is clear that both models are very similar. Both carry the same amount of fluid, and both offer very organized compartments.
The Camelbak M.U.L.E backpack is much lighter than the Osprey Raptor making it a more popular choice among mountain bikers, despite it lacking the magnetic bite valve holder.
If searching for a lighter, though durable and organized hydration pack, then the Camelbak M.U.L.E. is calling your name.
Click Here To Get The Camelbak M.U.L.E. Backpack With Free Shipping!
Other Camelbak M.U.L.E Comparisons
- Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. Vs Camelbak HAWG
- Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. Vs CamelBak Ambush
- Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. VS Camelbak Products Men’s Lobo
- Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. vs Osprey Raptor 14
Other Osprey Raptor 14 Comparisons
- Osprey Men’s Raptor 14 Vs Osprey Men’s Viper 9
- Osprey Men’s Raptor 14 Vs Osprey Syncro 10
- Osprey Men’s Raptor 14 VS Osprey Packs Talon 22
- Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. vs Osprey Raptor 14
Other BACKPACK Comparisons
- Osprey Manta 28 vs Osprey Manta 36: The details are in the Distance
- Gregory Z30 vs Gregory Z35: Finding out how much size matters
- Osprey Volt 75 vs Atmos AG 65: Why Settle for Second Best
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. Kestrel 32: Two top-notch adventure hiking backpacks
- Kelty Coyote 80 vs Kelty Red Cloud 90: Keeping it Light
- Osprey Stratos 36 vs Osprey Kestrel 38: Ultimate Hiking Backpacks
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Osprey Farpoint 40: All Service Backpacks
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Vulture ii: Two high quality and durable hiking backpacks from Maxpedition
- Ogio Gambit vs Ogio Renegade: Ultimate Protection for your Laptop
- Deuter Speed Lite 20 vs Osprey Talon 22: All in a Day’s Adventure
- Osprey Atmos AG 50 vs. 65: What are the differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
- Osprey Volt 75 vs. Aether 70: Two great Osprey hiking backpack options
- Osprey Daylite vs Deuter Speed Lite: Lightweight Day Use
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Falcon ii: Which Maxpedition backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?