The Osprey Stratos 34 and 36 are two lightweight hiking backpacks that offer a large number of features and packing space. Since they are both manufactured by Osprey, however, they share a large number of similar features and that can make it difficult to decide which one is best for you. Let us help you decide whether to go with the Osprey Stratos 34 or the 36!
We’ve gathered information on both models and compiled it into four easy-to-read categories. We’ve also provided our overall product recommendation at the end of the article. The four categories we’ve analyzed are: overall product dimensions, color options, shared features and unique model-specific features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The Osprey Stratos 34 comes in two sizes: small/medium and medium/large. The overall product dimensions for the small/medium size are 22” x 13” x 13”, with an overall weight of 2.54 lbs. The overall product dimensions for the medium/large size are 24” x 13” x 13”, with an overall weight of 2.65 lbs.
The 36 also has two sizes: small/medium and medium/large. The overall product dimensions for the small/medium size are 26” x 13” x 12”, with an overall weight of 2.89 lbs. The overall product dimensions for the medium/large size are 28” x 13” x 13”, with an overall weight of 3 lbs.
The Osprey Stratos 34 and 36 share the same four color options. They color options are: Anthracite Black, Harbor Blue, Pine Green and Solar Flare Orange.
The Osprey Stratos 34 and 36 are considered sibling models due to the large amount of shared features they both contain. The shared features seen on these models include the following:
- Nylon fabric
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment
- Airspeed suspension
- Spacer harness and hip belt
- Two side pockets with InsideOut mesh compression
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Two zippered pockets on the hip belt
- Ice axe attachment loop
- Integrated and removable rain cover
- Stow-on-the-go Trekking pole attachment
- Upper side compression straps
- Tool attachment loop
Unique Model-Specific Features
The unique model-specific features seen on the Osprey Stratos 34 include mesh ventelation and zippered front access to the main compartment.
The 36, however, has two options to access the main compartment: through the zippered front or through the drawstring top. It also features a removable twin-zippered top.
Overall Product Recommendation
Since the Osprey Stratos 34 and 36 are so similar it made it increasingly difficult to decide which model should be given our overall product recommendation. However, the overall product recommendation goes to the 36.
The 36 is slightly larger with both sizes, offering more carrying capacity than the Osprey Stratos 34. It also gives you the option to access your main compartment through either a zippered front or a drawstring top. This makes packing and accessing important items easy and stress free.
The down side, however, is that with the slightly larger size of the 36, there is also a slight increase in weight. The increase in weight is not large, but it can make a difference to someone who is not comfortable carrying large weights. If you are new to hiking with a larger load, then the Osprea Stratos 34 might be a better option.
Other BACKPACKS Comparisons
- AKG K141 MKII vs AKG K240 – Which Ones are Better?
- Netgear AC3200 vs Netgear AC3000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- D-Link AC3150 vs D-Link AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- D-Link AC3200 vs Asus RT-AC88U – Which is the Better Router?
- Netgear AC5300 vs Netgear AC3200 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC5300 vs Asus RT-AC3200 – What’s the Difference?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Linksys WRT1900ACS – Is One Router Better than the Other?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3200 – Which Router is the Best?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC5300 – Which is the Better Router?
- Asus RT-AC88U vs Asus RT-AC3100 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 vs Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 6000 – Is One Better than the Other?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 – What’s the Difference?
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 vs Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 – Which is the Better One?
- Netgear AC2350 vs Asus AC2400 – Which Router is Better?
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 vs Netgear AC2200 – What’s the Difference?
Other Osprey Stratos 34 Comparisons
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?