The Deuter Speed Lite 20 and the Osprey Talon 22 are backpacks meant for day adventures or daily activity. They are built for high performance athletes.
To help you decide whether the Deuter Speed Lite 20 or the Osprey Talon 22 is better for you, we’ve compared them in the categories of purpose, capacity, comfort and features and then follow with a recommendation.
The Deuter Speed Lite 20 backpack is made for athletes that want an athletic look and enhanced comfort. It is marketed for all activities, from cycling to climbing to exploring.
The Osprey Talon 22 is made for high speed action, whether you are on foot on wheels. If you are a racer or cyclist then the design will especially meet your needs.
The dimensions for the Deuter Speed Lite 20 are 19 inches x 10 inches x 7.1 inches, for weight, width and depth. It weighs 1 pound 3 ounces.
The Deuter Speed Lite line also has a 10 litre and a 15 litre model.
The Osprey Talon 22 has a capacity of 22 litres. It is great for day trips and every day athletic usage.
The dimensions for the Osprey Talon 22 are 22 inches x 10 inches x 9 inches. It weighs 1.65 pounds. This backpack also comes in a 20 litre model.
The Deuter Speed Lite 20 backpack has a built in frame that is ultra-light and made from high strength polyamide. There are extra reinforcements at the bottom of the pack.
The chest strap for the Deuter Speed Lite 20 is adjustable to fit all sizes of backpackers.
The Osprey Talon 22 has a peripheral frame sheet that enables heavy loads to be evenly distributed across your body. It features a shoulder harness and hip belt that can adjust for maximum comfort. There are also compression straps that add stability in rough terrain.
To keep you dry, even during maximum exertion, there is a mesh back panel that keeps you cool.
The Deuter Speed Lite 20 has a large main compartment that features finger pull loops for easy zipper access. There are also has side mesh pockets to quickly access water bottles or snacks.
The Deuter Speed Lite 20 has attachment loops for an optional helmet holder and 3M reflectors for safety.
The Osprey Talon 22 has an easy access main compartment that features a large zippered panel. There are a number of smaller pockets as well including a zippered slash pocket, two mesh side pockets and a mesh front panel.
On the hip belt are two zippered pockets that can be used to store a camera, snacks or other important tools.
Because this backpack is primarily marketed to cyclist enthusiasts there are many extra accessories for this purpose. There is a LidLock helmet attachment system that can give cyclists an extra edge during races.
If you want to use the Osprey Talon 22 for mountain hiking there is a trekking pole attachment system as well as an ice tool attachment loop.
The Deuter Speed Lite 20 and the Osprey Talon 22 are both excellent backpacks that perform well in all adventure situations. While the Deuter Speed Lite 20 is really good, the Osprey Talon 22 is great.
The Osprey Talon 22 just has more of a wow factor. It is versatile, extremely light and features enough accessories and pockets to make your adventure as easy and fun as possible.
Other BACKPACKS Comparisons
- Osprey Manta 28 vs Osprey Manta 36: The details are in the Distance
- Gregory Z30 vs Gregory Z35: Finding out how much size matters
- Osprey Volt 75 vs Atmos AG 65: Why Settle for Second Best
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. Kestrel 32: Two top-notch adventure hiking backpacks
- Kelty Coyote 80 vs Kelty Red Cloud 90: Keeping it Light
- Osprey Stratos 36 vs Osprey Kestrel 38: Ultimate Hiking Backpacks
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Osprey Farpoint 40: All Service Backpacks
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Vulture ii: Two high quality and durable hiking backpacks from Maxpedition
- Ogio Gambit vs Ogio Renegade: Ultimate Protection for your Laptop
- Deuter Speed Lite 20 vs Osprey Talon 22: All in a Day’s Adventure
- Osprey Atmos AG 50 vs. 65: What are the differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
- Osprey Volt 75 vs. Aether 70: Two great Osprey hiking backpack options
- Osprey Daylite vs Deuter Speed Lite: Lightweight Day Use
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Falcon ii: Which Maxpedition backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?